What Bow to shoot?

I shot a Darton for years with no complaints, now shooting a Hoyt Powermax. A couple guys I hunt with are shooting Bowtechs and really like em.

I shoot a Prime CT5 and also a Bowtech Realm SS, I like them both but what's good for me or any other here may not suit you. Go out and try as many bows as you can to find what is comfortable for you.

My primary bow s a Hoyt vTec...and backup is a Mathews DXT that my Dad gave me.  Would love to upgrade, but have committed to slaying another elk with my current (yet old) equipment before getting anything new.  At my current rate, I'm gonna save a lot of $$$ for years!  Not a whole lot of bow shops near where I live, so it'll be an adventure to shoot what I want to and decide when the time comes.

My first bow was a Redhead bow that I got from Bass Pro. I bought it in closeout when they discontinued it. It shot OK and I was just starting out. I got pretty good with it and used it the first two years I elk hunted determined to kill something before I upgraded. This from a guy that whos newest vehicle is a 2000 Nissan truck. I then shot a bull from 63 yards. Had an issue with the aftermarket string stop that caused me to hit a little high and back. Not the bows fault but still ended up losing him after two days of tracking when the blood stopped. I then felt I owed it to the game to up mine and since I could, I got a new bow. I didn't go with the most expensive one although I shot them. I settled on a Hoyt Powermax. It was smoother, quieter and more stable at full draw. Where before I could get pie plate groups at 60, I can now do 3-4 inch groups. Point is get the one that fits you and don't settle for OK. You owe it to the animal.
I still have that old Redhead and drag it out and shoot it. Still shoots OK but it is loud.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back