What do you do with the sheds you find?

ElkManDan

Dec 29, 2012
I have a decent collection of sheds that I have picked up over the years taking up space in the basement.  I use a few around the house decorating my trophy room and a few in the yard incorporated into my Landscaping.  Most of mine in my pile are white and and some pretty dried out and cracked so they really don't seem like they are good for much. 

What are some of the things that you have done with yours? 

When we go camping everyone always enjoys using the marshmallow roasters that I made from an elk antler.

Attachments

• elk roasters.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
I like to buy stuff with the $$, expensive toys..I have funded wall tents and this is my newest addition. That being said, I keep all my BIG antlers and have made tables, lamps and stare at them ;D 

Attachments

• trax (480x640).jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 0
  • P6170811 (480x640).jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 0
  • P1010027 (640x480).jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 0
As for now mine just get put into piles into the garage. Hopefully one day I can use a few of the big ones inside the house but my wife is still trying to warm up to that idea. Love the roasting stick Idea though.

love the marshmallow roasters!
I usually sell mine.... and then I have sellers remorse.. so I think starting this year, I am going to start saving them. I always figured I would end up on an episode of that show "Hoarders" and it would be my house filled with elk sheds.

just had another great idea.  Take a ferro rod and a thick section of antler.  Drill out the antler and glue the firesteel in it to make a custom elk antler fire steel

All the deer antlers we find we et the dogs have them, but we collect the elk antlers we find, might need to cash them in some day ;)

most go on a wall in the yard,Had to start over a couple years ago cause the others sold with the house.This is the new wall plan to fill if up soon.

Attachments

• 028-a.jpg
    028-a.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back