"What is this?"

I'm not sure what the marks look like, but it could be elk eating the bark when there is heavy snow on the ground

That?s weird. Usually there will be some sort of bark peeling remnants on the tree from a bear or something. At least what I?ve seen.  It doesn?t look man made like a blaze trail or anything.  Weird. 

That is a boundary marking from an ancient Native American tribal burial ground.
You are now cursed for trespassing

Good luck on your future hunts Dave :)

I see a lot of this from elk eating bark in the winter. There is a place I hike where I look for sheds that is a wintering ground for elk and most of the trees have teeth marks like this. I am hoping to hike around there in a couple weeks and will take some photos if I remember. I see it mostly on aspens but the place I want to hike has it on a lot of cottonwoods too.

I dont think it  is barking. (elk eating bark in the winter) It was only a few feet off the ground at the most and that would have been covered in snow when elk are eating bark.  I have seen a lot of "barking" by elk and moose.  Nothing ever like this.  I have some bear scratch pictures I will post.  No where close.  Maybe a porcupine?

cnelk said:
That is a boundary marking from an ancient Native American tribal burial ground.
You are now cursed for trespassing

Good luck on your future hunts Dave :)

Dang, I am cursed again!

Thanks Brad, you and your crew as well.  I know you will get er done.

Don?t you watch those Bigfoot hunting shows?  That?s clearly a squatch marking his territory. I?d stay out of there if I were you :haha:

It is actually an old Indian blaze marking used by the Fucawee tribe to keep them from getting lost. If they did happen to get lost, they would holler out, "Where the Fucawee"! :haha: :haha: :haha:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back