What other game tags do you have this year?

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
I'm super excited about my elk hunt in NM this year, but I've got some great other hunts lined up as well!

NM mule deer
NM antelope
OK antelope

Then plenty of whitetail tags all over the US.

How about all of you? What hunts are you gearing up for this year?

I've got one antelope tag in CO and will probably grab a second. I'm also hoping to get a leftover deer tag but we'll see what happens!

Besides NM Archery Elk

NM Archery Deer
NM Rifle Deer(Son)
Then Texas Whitetails and an Axis hunt later in the winter

sjl2012 said:
Besides NM Archery Elk

NM Archery Deer
NM Rifle Deer(Son)
Then Texas Whitetails and an Axis hunt later in the winter

Good luck on your hunts!

It's a long shot, but based off your location and tags that you drew.....
Were you previously stationed in NM and then changed your residency before moving to TX?
If so..... I did the same thing.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about then sorry for the confusion haha

Nope. Plan on being a NM resident later in life though. Just lucky and fortunate. Never had any trouble drawing a deer tag, elk are definitely getting harder though. I'm one of the few people online on some forums that likes the tag system in NM. Fortunate that most years I don't draw an elk tag there I can afford a UW SLO tag. I've done OTC in CO, successfully, but prefer a tag in just about any unit in NM Sept 15-24 if I can afford it.

sjl2012 said:
Nope. Plan on being a NM resident later in life though. Just lucky and fortunate. Never had any trouble drawing a deer tag, elk are definitely getting harder though. I'm one of the few people online on some forums that likes the tag system in NM. Fortunate that most years I don't draw an elk tag there I can afford a UW SLO tag. I've done OTC in CO, successfully, but prefer a tag in just about any unit in NM Sept 15-24 if I can afford it.

I love NM's draw system, so I'm right there with you. It's the best!
I'm also seriously considering ending up back in NM once I am done with my military career.
I've been looking at a lot of land out there so I can start paying on it now.
There's plenty of good parcels that will come with an elk tag or multiple.

I've been hit or miss with deer in NM as far as draws, but I'm 100% for elk so far. (4 for 4)

Good luck on your deer/elk trip and on your son's deer hunt.

Me on the NM draw this year...goose egg!

My sons and nephew... total of four cow elk tags!!!

I hope I will need to go freezer shopping come December!

RLBJ said:
Me on the NM draw this year...goose egg!

My sons and nephew... total of four cow elk tags!!!

I hope I will need to go freezer shopping come December!

You sir are going to be busy!
;)

No tags here. Just along for the ride. So ya"ll kill a bunch and post a lot of pictures.

Colorado - 1 E/S Archery elk tag, 1 B List Archery cow tag, 1 Archery Bear tag

Wyoming - 1 RP Cow tag, 1 Full Price Pronghorn tag, 2 RP pronghorn doe/fawn tags

Nebraska - TBD upon results of the above tags

Some solid hunts for folks coming up! Happy hunting, gents!

Hopefully, my fall will put some meat in the freezer.

CO
E/S Archery Elk - OTC
Cow Archery Elk - OTC
E/S Archery Mule Deer - Unit 43 - 5pts draw
E/S Archery Bear - Unit 41
E/S Archery Bear - Unit 47
E/S Archery Pronghorn - OTC

MT
E/S Archery General Elk - OTC

ND
E/S Archery Any Deer (Mule/Whitetail) - LTD Draw

TX
E/S Archery Whitetail - OTC

Dang Arrows4Elk...to say I'm jealous would be an understatement! Sounds like you have one heck of a fall coming up. Hope to see you filling up the meat pole with pictures!

Haha, thanks!

The real goal this fall is to stay married ; )

Hopefully, I'll get to drop my string on a few critters too.

Didn't get lucky enough to draw any controlled hunt tags. I've got the sportsman's package so I'll be able to shoot any of the following while I'm elk hunting:

Elk
Deer
Wolf
Mountain Lion
Bear

Arrows4Elk said:
Haha, thanks!

The real goal this fall is to stay married ; )

Hopefully, I'll get to drop my string on a few critters too.

I understand completely!
I make it a point to spoil the family January through August....that way I have Sept through December to myself for hunting LOL

Bull_Fighter said:
Didn't get lucky enough to draw any controlled hunt tags. I've got the sportsman's package so I'll be able to shoot any of the following while I'm elk hunting:Elk Deer WolfMountain LionBear

Best of luck on your hunts, Bull_Fighter!

With that package are you able to shoot one of each?
Or is it an elk plus one of those critters you mentioned?

I can shoot one of each. They are all OTC general tags (elk, deer, lion, wolf, bear). Elk and Deer are archery-only during the month of Sept. The others are any-weapon, I believe, and their seasons last a few months beyond Sept. Either way, during the month of September I am stoked to know that I can shoot any of these animals with my bow, but my main priority during that time is a bull elk.

Bull_Fighter said:
I can shoot one of each. They are all OTC general tags (elk, deer, lion, wolf, bear). Elk and Deer are archery-only during the month of Sept. The others are any-weapon, I believe, and their seasons last a few months beyond Sept. Either way, during the month of September I am stoked to know that I can shoot any of these animals with my bow, but my main priority during that time is a bull elk.

That is awesome!
It is pretty cool you can draw back on any of those animals that you come by on your hunt!
Best of luck on all of those tags.

I struck out on a NR moose tag this year..... maybe next year!

Nothing drawn unfortunately for a special permit/tagBut that's ok. My elk draw burned up this year almost 300k acres in MT.
  But I do have general elk, general deer, 3 deer b tags (river bottom doe), fall black bear, fall turkey, upland (pheasant grouse etc), over the counter antelope district and wolf.  Pretty stoked to get into the woods this year. Sept 2nd kicks it off.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back