What to expect 10/14/17 ?

jackdaddy

Dec 25, 2013
I have made it to colorado for one elk hunt and that was archery in the first week of sept. Any pointers for hunting the Silt area in Oct would be greatly appreciated. Like will the rut possibly carry that long, will they answer calls or calling cause the complete opposite reaction and push them away? Wil it be similar to a late season turkey hunt meaning the bulls will be used to all the calling and be a little more cautious. What can the weather turn into, are your odds better to set up and spot and stalk? Lol all of these questions can't make me look good to experienced elk hunters but I would rather hit it with a half ass idea instead of going to the hilltop clueless.

You can expect great conditions during your hunt. Are you going in with a rifle or bow? Not a lot of calling really after the 15th but subtract it completely from the equation. It will not scare them by any means. A full moon in early October moves to perfect conditions from the 15-22nd. Expect to see a lot more movement in the early mornings and evenings to the feeding grounds due to the lack of moon light for them to feed during this time. With an post-rut season it is important to target primary feeding sources that the elk will be concentrating on, especially towards the latter part of the month.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back