What would you do?

mainebrdr

Aug 17, 2017

I went to a Monster Buck Extravaganza today in Topeka Ks., the state capital, this morning. They were telling people to bring deer antlers to have them scored and there was a contest for antlers both on the skull plate or off. (sheds) Both sets or singles. Now a few years ago I was chasing a nice non-typical but the closest I could get to a shot was once at 60 yds. That\'s farther than I am comfortable with so I never got a shot at him but managed to find one of his sheds in the spring. I threw it in the truck and took it along for the fun of it. We were looking at the displays, walking along when we came to where people were taking the antlers to enter them. After looking at the table with the largest ones I decided to run out to the truck and get mine. Long story short, it was easily the largest non typical single but here\'s the interesting part. A guy comes up to me almost immediately and says he will give me 2500.00 cash on the spot for it. I thanked him for his interest, asked for his card and told him I would think about it. In your opinion what should I have done? My sheds are thrown in a box in the shop and not displayed. I do look at them once a year or so but they really dont hold a special place in my heart or anything. What would you do? 2500 would sure come in handy in my elk pursuit!

$2500????!!!!

Man, I know what I would do.
Sell it and start looking for more!

2500 for something you look at once a year :think: I know what I would do. Then I would be looking for more. :upthumb:

I would have sold them...

You said it yourself. They don\'t have any place in your heart.

Can I shoot a question back at you? Why didn\'t you sell on the spot...?

I could sort of understand if you shot the deer, but it\'s just a shed. Sell it!

cant say. i know what i would have done, but your the only one that knows what it means to you.

He offered $2500 and you walked away? Have you ever heard that old saying that goes something like, \"That\'s where two fools met\"!

I hope you still have his phone number.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back