whats everyone doin

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
middle of march, not much goin on. i took my son to the national ww1 museum in kansas city yest. its worth a visit if anyone ever goes thru there. hard to imagine 100 years ago april 6th this year we entered our first ww.
cold here today so think i will just fix a pot of chilli or veg soup, go work out, then chill all day.
i know elky is workin, but whats everyone else doin this fine march

Not too much planned this weekend.
Aaron J is coming over today and we are going to modify his turkey decoy to mount on his bow like I did.
Then we are headed over to Matt Dworak Annual Big Game Feast, where everyone brings a dish of their game animals/birds to share.
Drink some beer and listen to some lies... :)
Fun times

I got out and golfed yesterday...can\'t get over the weather we are having! Going to go do some turkey scouting tomorrow I think if work doesn\'t get in the way.

Trying my best to stay out of the doctors office... This hot and cold, hot and cold weather is messing with me big time...

I have been pulling my hair out.

I have a retaining wall behind my house that I built out of railroad ties about 26 years ago. This wall is huge, took me a year to build and now its rotting away. I need to build a new wall and am going through all of my options on what I can do with it. I don\'t want to have a separate mortgage so having someone build it is most likely out of the question. We plan on moving in a couple years so this is my biggest project I need to do in order to keep value on my house.

I spent last weekend doing all the measuring and figuring out what is there. I cant build it again with railroad ties so that\'s out. I looked at pressure treated timbers and that came in at 7,500 for supplies. Brick is gonna be crazy too. Looking at gabion baskets right now that get filled with rock.

I can have a \"backtrack outdoors\" wall party and invite everyone out :D

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX1C8FkoCw4&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

aw the pleasures of home ownership. i feel for ya don. let us know how this turns out

Geez Don,
Thats gonna be a chore!

All types of construction costs are thru the roof anymore.
I would think a pre-cast wall system would prob be about the best, but still its expensive

Wow Don, that\'s one heck of a wall! If I were you, I would consider just leaving it. You will have a hard time getting your money back on something like that. Instead, just plan on crediting some money back to a buyer after the inspection. It should cost you less and save you a bunch of time :upthumb:

That\'s a bunch of ties Don. Surely a lot of them still have some resale value that might help to cut your cost some.

Personally, I\'ve been trying to invent a new backpack that can be used as a day pack when compressed or as a 3-5 day bag with the ability to expand open for hauling meat quarters or heavy loads. And all of this without breaking the bank. :eek: I\'ll try to post some pictures later on this summer if it all works out.

yep, that wall is going to be a job.

I\'m looking at Gabion baskets at the moment to see what they will come in at. You place the baskets where the ties are, then fill them with 3 to 8 inch stone. The baskets are supposed to be good for 50 years. I can get the stone for cost, all depends on what the baskets are going to cost.

There is no getting any trucks into the back yard, and any equipment has to be small like a bobcat.

I can get rid of the old rotten ties for free. Not sure if there are any there worth anything will have to see.

If it is to expensive a thought was to just leave it.

Bad thing is I built this 26 years ago, and I was 26 years younger

We built this house into a hill and landscaping was a huge project when I came in. The front yard has about 7 truck loads of boulders that I have terraced up towards the house. The driveway has a 4 ft brick wall along it that I put up before it was paved.

Good thing is I purchased 4 lots on a dead end and my house overlooks conservation property and resale value should be good.

I have been holding out buying my ATV until I know what Im doing here. :(

Haven\'t been up to much... trying to tackle a few indoor projects that always seemed to get started but never finished :clap: Have been doing a far amount of hiking in with the wife and mutts. Been trying to get in at least 12-15 miles over the weekends. Wife and I are planning a 5 day back country hiking/camping trip in smoky mountain national park at the end of April. Been getting a new rifle assembled and sighted in. Other than that waiting for hunting season.

i stomped my foot like a little girl, and got out of a bunch of OT.

i\'ve been sneaking off to the lake to bow-hunt hogs. lots of water and full moon isnt helping, but it is nice to be out. the longer days really help. i stayed out until 7:15 pm on monday!!

yesterday..i rode my mtn bike.. i need to get into ELK-SHAPE since i fully intent to draw a NM elk tag.

oh..and i am working.

MARCH 25!! is our turkey opener. game on..

sounds like your staying busy cliff. not long for the turkeys, an i admit im jelous on the hogs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back