What's in your First Aid Kit?

RockyMountainHi

Dec 28, 2012
Haven't seen this thread yet and wondered how much each of you take into the field as it relates to a first aid kit.  Shown is my field pack and at base camp/truck is a small bag to address a lot more possibilities.  My hunting buddy and I both work in healthcare, so we take some odd stuff like needles, thread, strong pain pills, antibiotics and novocaine to repair those little nasties like a Havalon slice.

I parted out a military issue first aid kit so right now I have bandage, gauze, sling, eye dressing, bandaids, etc.  I do not consider this very well prepared.  I am planning on beefing up my kit especially if I am getting a havalon.  probly some superglue :)

Super glue is a must have, also I roll duct tape onto a pencil and brake the pencil for a nice short mini roll of duct tape!

nogutsnostory said:
Super glue is a must have, also I roll duct tape onto a pencil and brake the pencil for a nice short mini roll of duct tape!

another trick is if you carry a water bottle like a nalgene wrap duct tape around the bottle multiple times to make a roll.

+1 on the super glue. A couple years ago I cut my leg open in the back country and was forced to pack out and go to the ER for stitches. Those three stitches cost me $500 out of pocket. I will NEVER not have super glue in my pack again.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back