What's the most unusual thing you've ever seen or found in the woods/mountains?

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
The title pretty much says it all....

I've never had anything super unusual, but I've found my fair share of pot plants, abandoned cars,  junk, etc.

Anyone else every find anything cool or have some crazy event happen?

This is going to be interesting. I remember many years ago on a bowhunting forum hearing stories of freaky things. Like murders nearby while in a treestand. One person found a body in a cave in Montana that had been there for decades. Some crazy stuff happens out there.

I've found some neat stuff but nothing too weird. I found an old mining camp. There is a bunch of old rusted beds there and an old cast iron stove. A pile of plates rusted together. My brother found an old lantern there. I also found a piece of gold there in there tailings pile. Its in a piece of quartz. It's probably not worth more than a few bucks.

Another place I hunt has another old mine and there is an old ore cart there. I would like to have it at my house but it's a long ways from any road that can be driven on now. There's also whats left of a cabin there. The pantry is still there and a long rock wall lining what I guess was the driveway. There is also an old car in the same area but about 2 miles away.

I did find an old two man crosscut saw under a tree. It's in my shed at the moment. I planned to hang it up somewhere and that hasn't happened yet. My dad also found one of those right after I stepped over it.

Found a garden wheelbarrow about 20 feet off the ground in a tree. Bark was grown right around it. No other signs of human activity around the area.

Awesome topic! Well, this isn?t really weird, but on a mule deer hunt in New Mexico, the temperature was dropping as we had some serious fog rolling in. We saw what looked like steam coming up from the ground and decided to investigate it. You wouldn?t be able to see any deer with fog the way it was anyway. It turns out we stumbled upon a natural geothermal! Just in time too because it was 12 degrees and that geothermal was pumping some serious and desperately needed heat!
fe766e2f9a470dd237361253c646ecbf.jpg
3c62ae603ec99fb0aa6b53cf72a87b0b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found this last year in Wyoming. I have found 2 others over the years. All of them about 1.5 miles from any road in the middle of a timbered mountain side.

On top of a mountain in Colorado and stopped at the edge of a small park. Looked down and saw an empty beverage bottle. It is a Big Chief beverage that was made in Denver Colorado. Has a picture of an Indian on it. Put in my pack and carried it out. It was made in the 50's and the company is out of business now.

I was like 10 miles deep in the woods and found a toilet.. don?t know how it got there but that was interesting 😂

Dead body, frozen under the water with just the hand sticking out of the ice. Could look through the clear Ice and see him.  Guy was missing for a month before we ran across him. Was happy the family found closure as the only reason we ran across him was the swamp was frozen. By spring he probably would have never been found

Don K said:
Dead body, frozen under the water with just the hand sticking out of the ice. Could look through the clear Ice and see him.  Guy was missing for a month before we ran across him. Was happy the family found closure as the only reason we ran across him was the swamp was frozen. By spring he probably would have never been found

Holy crap!!!!  :-o

2 weeks ago I hiked about 3 miles up a pretty steep mountain side with no roads even anywhere remotely close. Found a really thick steel bath tub, or maybe a cow watering container? Okay so super weird, no way to get it back there right? Then in addition it had been smashed down from about 3? tall to about 1?. Smashed all the way down. HOW?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back