What's your favorite type of 3D shoot?

WardDawg7

Jan 27, 2013
Being a native Idahoan,  we are very fortunate to have multiple types of 3D shoots.  Ranging from desert foothills to thick forrest and everything in-between.  I must say that personally enjoy the mountain forrest 3D shoots the best.  Reason?  You can't get anymore realistic training,  plus your out with friends and family pasting exotic game around every turn.  Not to mention your honing your archery skills while having a blast.  We are truley blessed here.

We'd have some down on the river bottoms of the Snake over in Eastern Idaho.  I always enjoyed those.

I enjoy all the 3-D shoots but my favorite by far are the shoots we have here in Idaho that are in the pines they can get really realistic. Of course if your favorite place to be is in the mountains like me, you might say I am a little bias. Of course the shoots that ElkManDan refered to are awesome also.

We have lots here in wyoming too. I really like the ones in the trees. Add some debris to the shooting lanes, like the real thing.

I like the mountain 3d shoots. Very realistic. I also had a lot of fun at the pop up 3d shoot at the Extreme Elk event last summer.

Realistic shoots are the best. Shot Bowcast at the Bird in 2011 and the Bogus Challenge 2012. Bogus Challenge was more realistic. Looking forward to it again this year.

My favorite type is the one that doesn't take 5 hours to complete the range... Nothing worse than waiting at each target due to lost arrow searches, or bino guys looking at the arrow they just shot....

But we are fortunate here in Idaho to have a shoot somewhere in the state almost all of the off season. Hard to beat the forest set-ups so don't miss the Idaho State Jamboree in July, or the Minidoka Bowman’s shoot at Pomerelle Ski hill in June..

I like just about any 3D shoot but i like the realistic shoots the most.

We have a shoot coming up here in klamath Falls Oregon march 2nd and 3rd its an indoor shoot at the fair grounds Hosted by the Kingsley Bowmen .

Its a little different shoot where one person from each group lines up on the same line and they all shoot at the same time in all different directions from 15 all the way out to 92yds . Its a good way to spend a winter weekend and get some practice in.

Been to many shoots and they all have had good things about them.  All about having fun with friends and getting some practice at real life situations. I would say the more shoots you can hit the better. Each is going to be in a little different terrain and give you a little something different broadening your range of shot. Heard the Snowbird shoot and Daniels summit shoot here in UT are good one's and looking forward to trying them next yr.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back