Where are you from, What state do you hunt and weapon prefered?

Fullabull

Jan 2, 2013
Hey, just thought I would start a thread to see where everyone is from and what states you normally hunt elk in.

I am from WA. state and normally hunt the west side (or wet site as everyone likes to call it) of the state.

I would love to hunt Idaho but need to find a good place where I can take my 74 year old dad who can't walk much more then a mile in (on a decent trail).

I prefer the archery season because I love the calling aspect and having elk in close for the shot, nothing like hearing a bugle from 10 yards  :)

I am from Utah and hunt anything I can get a tag for.

I always have at least a general season archery deer and elk tag in my pocket but always try to have at least one big hunt planned for each year.

I hunt Utah, Wyoming, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, Kansas, New Mexico (if I could ever draw a tag) and plan to head to the south with some friends in the next couple years to hunt Texas and maybe Louisiana or Oklahoma.

I also prefer archery on all my hunts and there is nothing better than being in close to a herd of talking elk with that herd bull screaming whether you have a tag or not.

Lately I have enjoyed more mountain lion and bear hunting and have killed both in the past few years. It is fun to watch the dogs work.

I'm a Michigan flatlander - I love to archery hunt anything I can. I haven't been elk hunting yet but i am trying to get a buddy to go this fall. It's hard to get people to make that commitment...

Good Thread

I am from Vicksburg, Michigan.
And with my Business, and can only get away in late October so I gun hunt Elk.
either in Colorado or Montana depending on whether I draw a tag or not.

Kevin

I live in TN, but I just moved here about a year and a half ago from UT.  I usually hunt UT every year and NM from time to time.  I hunt TN as well and keep my fingers crossed for a TN elk tag  ;D

Archery for everything for me  :)

I am born and raised in Idaho and love the all the wild Idaho has to offer. I hunt anywhere I can and my weapon of choice is the Hoyt bow that I am waiting for right now... :D

I'm from Montana and have hunted there my whole life. I recently graduated college and I'm now living in Idaho cause that is where I received my first job. So I will be a resident this up coming fall and will hunt both Montana and Idaho for elk and deer. I'm jacked about that. I prefer archery for everything.

I'm from South Central Utah.
Haven't been out of state yet, but have plans for this year.
The last couple years I'm moving over to archery and have really enjoyed it.  Don't plan on hanging up my rifle or muzzleloader for good, but prefer to grab my bow.

I'm from Utah. Have hunted with a bow since 1996. I hunt Utah, Idaho, Colorado and Arizona for deer, elk, bear and antelope.

I am from the "wet side of Oregon".  Hunt anything I can draw a tag for.  My prefered weapon is the BOW, but I hunt with what ever my Dad wants for now.  In a few years he won't do to much and I will do my thing.  It is all about the memories so I like to think of it as family time.  I would love to make it to Wyoming, New Mexico, and Idaho at some point to hunt elk.  Elk is my main thing.  I usually have an archery deer tag in my pocket at the same time and just can't seem to put much effort into it unless I can't find the elk.

Im from Eastern oregon and the last 3 yrs i have really got into archery for elk.Going to try bow for turkey this year.

I am from central washington, I grew up here and have only hunted here, but I want to go to colorado. I hunt with bow and rifle, but i prefer my bow. There is nothing like a good stalk, beating all there senses and stabbing them with a sharp stick.

I'm from New Jersey and hunt mainly whitetails. I cull deer for a town in my area. I did my first elk hunt in Wyoming this year and was successful. I planned an elk hunt in New Mexico in the Gila for Sept. 2014. I want to get to elk country at least every other year.  I only bow hunt these days.

I am from Goldendale WA.  I hunt rifle for everything.  I just got a bow over the weekend so archery elk might not be far away for me. 

I  live in the great state of Idaho, Always hunt Elk and Mule Deer in Idaho and hunt the surrounding states for Elk when i can get a tag. I bow hunt big game and after the tags are filled or season is over I avidly hunt upland birds and waterfowl with the beneli

I am from Wyoming and  usually stay here to hunt. I plan on branching out a little more this year though! My prefered method is definitely bow!

Back