Where to consider buying

Virginiahunter

Jan 25, 2013
Hi all. My wife and I are looking to sell our place and purchase something closer to our hearts desires. We are looking in Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho. But Mainly Montana. I want to find a place that isnt to far from a town for work wise, yet close enough to be on the hunt with 30 minutes or so. Any recomendations? We have found a few places around Bozeman Mt. Anyone know anything about this area?

Bozeman is a nice Town, I have hunted not far from there for the last 4 years.
But the locals that I have talked to, that live in that area, say it is the most expensive town in MT to live in. the one lady I meet was camped by me and said she went clear to Billings once or twice a month just to buy groceries.

Kevin

How nice to have that option :) I wish I could pack up and move like that. I'm in high tech so those states are pretty much out for me. But I live in WA where I can still live and elk hunt but if I have my choice...wow.. I might choose Montana :)

Virginiahunter said:
Hi all. My wife and I are looking to sell our place and purchase something closer to our hearts desires. We are looking in Montana, Wyoming, and Idaho. But Mainly Montana. I want to find a place that isnt to far from a town for work wise, yet close enough to be on the hunt with 30 minutes or so. Any recomendations? We have found a few places around Bozeman Mt. Anyone know anything about this area?

Let me ask you this if you don't mind. What line of work are you looking for? I would move to Montana if the right opportunity come up but happy in the refinery I currently work in.

Im in custom carpentry. I make cabinets, countertops, handrail, pretty much anything that deals with interior wood working. There is something about Mt. I have driven through going to Or to see family and its just where I have always wanted to be. I know work wise and money wise the cost of living isnt very close to the earnings. But we own our home free and clear so we would be buying cash so no Mortgage so I think it may be doable. But its a long ay from Va to make a mistake. lol

I have some family that recently moved to the Kalispell area and they absolutely love it. Sounds like the area also has quite some opportunity for your kind of work. Bro in law said there has been quite a bit of building going on in the higher end housing area. Lots of money in the area. Lots of timber and rustic wood work, kinda like the Jackson Wyoming area style homes.

Kalispell, Anaconda, Butte, Billings, Bozeman or any of the western cities could be good for you. Depends on how close to the city you want to be. If I were in your shoes I would be looking out in the country to purchase a nice little place on a bunch if acreage near Musselshell and the Little Bull Mountains. Elk, Mule Deer, Whitetail, Antelope, Turkey, Pheasant you name it, it is there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back