Who adds supplements to their H2O Bladder?

DSmitty

Jan 13, 2013
I started adding flavored electrolyte tablets to my hydration bladder this year and couldn't believe the difference it made. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and what you are using.

DSmitty said:
I started adding flavored electrolyte tablets to my hydration bladder this year and couldn't believe the difference it made. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this and what you are using.

I've been adding electrolyte to my water for a while now.

I use WA hydrate and recovery first thing in the morning in a nalgene. Then switch to water the rest of the day. I have noticed a improvement. I'm paranoid to put anything in my bladder out of fear it will grow something. Have you noticed slime growing or am I just paranoid?

Use a seperate small bladder for Advocare Spark and Rehydrate mix. Or just Spark for the hike in. Works great.

been thinking about it, but haven't looked into the options. Ok people list them out  - what are my choices and what are your favorite?

Check out sports/outdoor stores. REI has a lot of choices. Advocare Spark is a pretty good one, I use a lot of GU products Electrolyte tablets for bladder and GU Gel for a quick energy boost.

I don't use a bladder, in late October they just tend to freeze up on me, I just carry a 24 oz bottle of Gator-aide.

Kevin

Emergen C drink mixes will give you the energy and vitamins you need but I usually take it with a water bottle first thing in the morning and then just drink water out of the bladder. I have added gatorade powder to the bladder at times.

Chack out advocare products.  They make several different drink supps. We use them all and have for several years. they're make a huge difference.  I can hook u up with a rep if u r interested.

Good thing about spark is it comes in quite a few flavors. Friut punch, grape, mandarin orange, citrus. I believe a few others. Fruit punch is the best. Rehydrate has a few flavors also with fruit punch being the best. And works great when mixed The stuff works. My girlfriend used it when packing out my bull this year and helped her a lot.

I stick with water in the bladder and try to put it down regularly and stay well hydrated, refilling it whenever I come across a water source.  Then I have a water bottle in my pack with a high concentration of calories and electrolytes, and some Gu packs in my pockets when I need a boost.

Does Keystone Light count??  Yes, by hunting partner filled up the bladder with some Stones this last year... He has been hunting elk for awhile now and can't seem to figure out why he hasn't connected yet?  It did help him stay out longer that night vs. his normal head back to camp early routine  :)

Kmbingham92 said:
Emergen C drink mixes will give you the energy and vitamins you need but I usually take it with a water bottle first thing in the morning and then just drink water out of the bladder. I have added gatorade powder to the bladder at times.

I have done this same thing.  I use Emergen C in a water bottle that I bring up with me then drink water the remainder of the time.  I try to stay hydrated all day.  That is the key.  I have found myself dehydrated many times just because i get caught up in the hunt and forget to drink enough liquids.  If you stay hydrated you can stay out way longer too.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back