who hunts in the rain

bnsafe

Mar 2, 2014
im not talking about the guys paying oos fees for one week, of course they hunt. im talking about the local guy regardless of location or species who isnt on a one week vacation. i use to actually enjoy hunting in the rain for local turkeys. seemed like i had the woods to myself. the turkeys wouldnt gobble, but they came into open areas and would come to a call and dekes, just quietly. today is the start of my three day weekend, an theres a 95 percent chance of rain til 1400 today, fine except mo closes season at 1300 daily. then 90 percent tomorrow all morning. sunday looks good, but im huntin public an guessin it will get hammered after two days of rain. just not sure i care enuf bout killin a turkey to sit out in the rain anymore.

This is the best answer I can come up with for you.[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->turkey season.jpg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

Some of the most amazing hunts I\'ve had have been in, or immediately after rain storms. You get wet, which is never fun, but when you\'re in the animals and they\'re all frisky from the brisk weather, it\'s all worth it! Sometimes it\'s terribly hard to force myself into the rain, but once I\'m out there, I\'m usually happy I did.

I always use to hunt in the rain not because I liked too but because as soon as the rain or storm stops the critters become very active for those 1st few minutes as soon as it stops... I\'m no longer able to hunt in the rain or a thunderstorm and sure do miss those magic few minutes...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back