Who likes to shed hunt in the off-season?

MuleyCrazed

Dec 28, 2012
I know I do! The bulls still have a few months before they start shedding their head gear, but I thought I see who else likes to get out in the spring to look for elk sheds? My son loves to go with me every chance he gets! This pic is of him picking up his first elk shed last spring. It was a good one too!

Attachments

• Cody pickin' up the monster shed (2).jpg
    Cody pickin' up the monster shed (2).jpg
    143.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Cody pickin' up the monster shed (3).jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Cody pickin' up the monster shed (4).jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 0
MuleyCrazed said:
I know I do! The bulls still have a few months before they start shedding their head gear, but I thought I see who else likes to get out in the spring to look for elk sheds? My son loves to go with me every chance he gets! This pic is of him picking up his first elk shed last spring. It was a good one too!

There is no better way to cure the off season blues than shed hunting. Every spring, I get out in search of deer and elk sheds with a few close friends.  Competition for sheds is so fierce in my area that we take off work in the middle of the week to beat everyone to the hot spots. Last year between me and one other buddy we found close to 40 fresh sheds (deer elk and moose). For most that's a slow season but in an area where everyone does it I'd say we did pretty fair. I scooped up my best shed this last spring and cannot wait to see what bulls made it through the winter. For some reason I have a much tougher time finding buck horns as they are smaller and less easier to spot.

Very cool pictures!! My kids love to shed hunt with me. We just found our first brown whitetail sheds the other day.  I shed hunt pretty much all of March and April. I love it. Nothing better than finding big brown elk shed!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back