Who practices at long distances?

andyschaef

Jan 31, 2013
We've got a range at my dad's office and can shoot out to 70 yards which is great practice.  When I was deer hunting this year we were shooting at hay bales over 100 yards.  It's pretty incredible to see what your arrow is doing when it's in the air for so long.

I mainly shoot 50-80 yds. Just shoot 30-40 my first two rounds to warm up. After shooting a longer distances, 20-30 yd shots seem like a slam dunk.

I was practiced out to 50 yards, wish I had gone out to 70 just to refine the 50. I passed a shot on a bull at 63

old bow 65 yard max,new bow last year and now shooting out 90 yards.sample of 90 yard shots all inside an 8 inch plate.no more letting them walk at 70 or 80 yards. :)

Attachments

• poto 63 arrows.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 0
I practice at 50 and 60 on a regular basis, and routinely shoot odd yardages from 15 to 60.  Shooting on a regular basis at a little farther distance helps me make those shots inside of 40 yards become easy.

I practice up to 100 yards. Haven't found the advantages to practicing any further than that.

Practice out to 100 yards but only shoot game out to 50 yards. I love calling them in to top pin range which is 20 yards

I have shot out to 120 yards with my D-350

Just got another bow and it looks like I may be able to go even further than that, its fun shooting 100+
Can't see me ever shooting an animal that far

Normally will practice out to 100 yards just so anything that I shoot at 60 or less is easier.  All animals I have taken though have been 35 yards or less. 

Do not count on broadheads shooting like field tips at the long ranges. I would like to see some 90 yard groups with broadheads, that are not expandables.

I practice out to 80 yards and this year will try to extend it out even further. Makes those 40-50 yard shots seem like chip shots. It's quite a feeling really.

I shoot a lot at 100 yards.  I like that it really makes me concentrate and maintain form.  After a while the muscle memory picks up, then when I shoot at 50 my body and form are automatic. I set up a little routine and I always count the pins down or up depending on distance.  This makes me slow down. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back