Less than 90 days and the head gear will start falling.....lets see some pics

Attachments

• P3310510 (640x480).jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 0
  • P4080316 (640x480).jpg
    203.8 KB · Views: 0
  • P4190358 (640x480).jpg
    134 KB · Views: 0
I haven't had much time in the past, but I plan on getting out a lot next year and maybe even trying to train my dog to do it.

Good luck training your dog. The best thing is they help you find sheds and they can keep a secret very well...these days shed hunting locations is like elk hunting locations top secret ;D

Attachments

• P10100245 (640x480).jpg
    P10100245 (640x480).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 1
  • DSCN0104 (640x480).jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSCF0042 (640x480).jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 0
I am no expert on dog training  for antlers 4sure, but making it fun and playing hide and seek with an antler, along with treat rewards
are a good way to start. Check out some info on line and repetition is the key. Magnum has found many antlers in his years, but more so to go sniff
something and I go check it out versus actually bringing it back. These days I keep him very close with a shock collar due to the new addition
in the woods, Wolves.   

I 2nd that one! Nothing like a good dog and tough to beat a GOOD Lab. Here is Magnums dad with a good day!

Attachments

• antler (640x421).jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 1
Jeremiah Johnson said:
Good luck training your dog. The best thing is they help you find sheds and they can keep a secret very well...these days shed hunting locations is like elk hunting locations top secret ;D

awesome pics of your dog, especially that first one

I must admit Ive gotten horribly addicted to shed hunting over the years. Its great to get out and come home with some reward for your efforts but the big reason for me is its much better then going to a crowded gym to get my exercise.

Yeah i don't remember the weight on those but was massive ! Unfortunately They were found by a freind of mine. The bull was hunted for several years but never seen. "Imagine that "

I am extremely addicted to shed hunting. It takes up almost all of my time between March-July.. with the exception of some spring bear hunting in May.

Jeremiah it looks like you got a great place to shed hunt,I am guessing you are not to far out of Yellowstone.Me and my dog Bell love to shed hunt but no good places around here,any good spots are private and they dont let you on.I only drive 5 min to go elk hunting but would drive 200 miles to shed hunt (as screwed up as that sounds)any body know of available spot around helena Montana?A good day in the area that we are in now would be 2 sheds.

Attachments

• misc pictures 477.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 0
  • misc pictures 479.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 0
Being from WI, I would gladly walk all day for 2 elk sheds, day in and day out!

turbo1967 said:
Jeremiah it looks like you got a great place to shed hunt,I am guessing you are not to far out of Yellowstone.Me and my dog Bell love to shed hunt but no good places around here,any good spots are private and they dont let you on.I only drive 5 min to go elk hunting but would drive 200 miles to shed hunt (as screwed up as that sounds)any body know of available spot around helena Montana?A good day in the area that we are in now would be 2 sheds.

Actually far removed from Yellowstone, though I would like to shed hunt that area for sure! I have found some good producing spots that yield some antlers just about every year....recognize the camera angle from Magnums prior photo? ;D  Magnum keeps a good secret he does...........

Attachments

• P6100420 (640x480).jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 0

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back