Whoa. My pack is kinda heavy

elky McElkerson

Mar 13, 2014
And stuffed full. Taking my wife into the seirras this weekend for her first pack trip. I focused on carrying most of the gear. I want her to have fun and not suffer much for her first trip. It\'s a short hike so I\'m pouring a bottle of wine into a platypus baggie. I m packing a bigger two man tent as well.

It will be a good training hike for me. And I get to test a new pack. Seems to fit great walking around my house. Haha
I\'m hoping to catch crayfish with wild trout heads. Yippee.

i think my wife is hooked.

she thinks things weigh nothing tho. i found in my pack (not hers) Smores ingredients.like packages of crackers, entire chocolate bars and i kid you know..i full size bag of flour tortillas. i love her and carried all of the stuff happily. the hike was no big deal. quite frankly, i was happy to have a pack full of \"training weight\" i kept her bag at around 22 lbs..so you can do the math and imagine mine. haha.

my new bag was awesome. the MR Metcalf. super comfy and i loaded it to the gills. i had to tie the tent to the outside.

trout were not cooperative, but i manage to land my first wild cutthroat. and we ate crayfish till we were sick of them.

the last pic is where we camped..next to that beach. sucky part was that it was the best beach and we had visitors. a lot of visitors. but the good thing. most of the visitors were wearing bikinis. there were these three ladies that worked for the park service. clearing trees. one lady walked by, hair wrapped up from the wet swim, carhart pants, bikini top..carrying a full sized AXE. you had to be there..hahah.

Those look like little lobsters! A little lemon butter and baguette to sop it all up with - or a tortilla.

Looks like you had a great time and getting the Mrs involved is a huge step for the future. Mine loves to go camping and on rifle hunts but archery is \'my time\' plus no way she could sit in a stand all day or even an hour for that matter!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back