Who's thinking of September!!!!

airmanharv08

Jan 4, 2013
I'm constantly thinking of the glorious and most eventful month, that being September, rutting and screaming bulls! I got pretty lucky this 2013 and drew a late season rifle cow tag in Southern CO! But my mind is patiently waiting for these 8.5 mths to past!

Its funny I can get all worked up in just a short second when I should be working or some other important thing.  Especially  when it is so far away.  Can't help but love those screaming bulls!

September is my most favorite month.  Weather wise and because it is smack during the elk rut.  Nothing gets me more juiced than being in the woods with an elk tag on the 3rd weekend of September.  I watch elk hunting shows or go through all my videos I've taken during the year starting in january when all the hunts are over and it is time to start looking and planning my hunts in the coming fall.  I will figure out when i will start scouting and where to set up by game cameras.

I am always thinking about it and randomly throughout the year I get my calls out and play around with them. I feel bad for my wife.

My Girlfriend and some of my family think I have a problem :-\ ......but I'm loving every minute of it! Applying for tags is better than opening gifts. Even better, This year will be the first out of state.

I can say I never stop thinking about it. Its time toput in again for AZ. I have been very lucky the last couple of years.

It's the reason I'm on this forum, cause I can't stop thinking about what to do next September :)

BrentLaBere said:
My Girlfriend and some of my family think I have a problem :-\ ......but I'm loving every minute of it! Applying for tags is better than opening gifts. Even better, This year will be the first out of state.

Applying is definitely a pleasure, I'll be thinking of units in NM and Co to hunt elk, mule deer and bear this year!

I can't wait as usual and this forum makes me even more excited to get out there and try new things.

I dont think I ever stop thinking about elk hunting. If  I'm not elk hunting, I am watching videos, reading magazines or books, play on hunting forums, shed hunting or just dreaming about it! I practice calling with my kids all year. I feel sorry for my neighbors.

If I am awake I am thinking about it, talking about it or reading about it. If i am asleep I am dreaming about it. Nothing in the world like chasing buglin bulls with stick and string!

Never stop thinking of September but being on the Fourm doesnt make things any easier.  Just wish it was right around the corner.

was just sitting here studying my topo map,, and marking things from the last hunt. man I can't wait, recouping from having my knee scoped has given me plenty of time to re-read last years issues of Extreme Elk and do a lot of planning for this year.

iiiiiiiii  its funny i was so ready for the season to be done, and now i cant wait till it is here again we were very successfull  this year filling two of are three tags. but i cant seam to get a break from the dream of a bull screaming or the sound of a calf mew or just siting on a nob looking at a herd of elk feeding and moving to me fishing use to be my passion and it has been replaced by the love of elk hunting.so now i find my self not just shooting every day but now going to every 3-D shoot i can find just to surfice my need to shoot and hunt. now i am in training (just started today ) to prep for my deep country hunt i cant wait

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back