Who's using traditional gear!!

bigbulls6

Dec 28, 2012
I hunt with a BW PCH 53 @ 28!! I use CX 250s with Centaur bug game head!! What you using!!

Rob 8)

My son so wants to get a long bow to hunt with but I have told him once he learns how to actually hunt and takes an elk with his compound then we will talk about a long bow. I want him to appreciate the difficulty of using a traditional bow compared to a compound.

I hunt with a Ragim Impala. 58lbs. I started out on traditional then went to compound and last yea back to traditional. I harvested one buck this year with it. Once I get fully confident with it I am going to infest in a better bow.

Bought a Bear long bow a few years ago. Only shot it a few times. Really need to kill something with it soon. I believe it is the ultimate challenge and would like to bag a bull with it.

I have a palmer 60# recurve.  put ratttle snake skin on the limbs.  sweet bow, love to shoot it but haven't had the balls to go after elk with it.

I received an RER Vital recurve in December for a retirement gift. Its 50# and 62 length. If you go to their website it's pictured on it. I also picked up a 50# Bear Grizzly recurve at an antique store for $50, about 10 years ago. Also have several self bows that I have made out of Osage, Hickory and Locust.
I have not truly given a lot of hunting time to these bows but I am drawn to them like peas and carrots. Plan on shooting the RER all year and deer hunting with it locally and then in Colorado.
I think Fred Bear said something like this; there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.

Have a great bow that is a blast to shoot, but haven't taken it out for elk yet. Just deer.

Attachments

• bow.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 0
Way tougher!  Did it twice.  Took both bulls within ten yds.  Its nice and light and works great for glassin' off of.  I just like being able to shoot 50 yds. 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back