Why the heck not..? It's January everyone!

Can't wait either!
  I've got a lot of stuff I need to buy before next season.  Things I realized I needed last year on my first back pack hunt.

How bout a list of things other people need to get before next season.

My list for this next year is a new drop away and possibly some Kenetrek boots.  Stuck between Ripcord and QUAD. Had Ripcord since '10 and only had a small issue with contact.  I am interested in the lock system on the QUAD but I'm not sure of the about the drive mechanism for the drop away.  I'm going to do more research.  Also I am only going to hunt Western Washington again this year.  My goal is a solid 5x and I am very confident of the area I am hunting.

Other than continuing to improve my fitness my resolve for the coming season is to shoot my bow a lot more.  I've been shooting since I could walk (literally) so i get lazy and don't shoot as much as I should and this mentality has cost me bulls and bucks alike in the last few years.  Going to join the archery club here in Missoula and get into 3-d shoots again.  I was really fortunate this year and I don't want to lose any edge going into 2014.

Unless i get lucky on a draw i will be re-gearing this year and not hunting  :-\  elk anyways ill still chase deer and turkey. fingers are always crossed for the draw but i really need to upgrade gear and as you all know it aint cheap!

That's my problem too.. The stuff I want ain't cheap, with three kids and single income, it's kinda tough saving up for stuff.  I've got to get my bow restrung and look for a better back pack at least.  The list never ends. ;D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back