Wind drift??

HardLoadHunter

Jun 13, 2014
Anybody ever test their wind drift and how to account for at different angles? A buddy and I were talking about shooting an he said it's too windy my thought was its good to shoot in the wind cause it may be windy when that mister steps out

I have practiced many times in the wind up to 30 mph and i think its very important for every body to shoot in the wind so they know what to expect and what there limits are. Its sometimes windy for days on the mountain  and you cant not hunt when you put an entire year preparing for that hunt.With my set up I have almost no wind drift out to 40 yard as in less than 1 inch in a 20 mph wind . I also shoot in the rain and in the snow. Im going to go hunting what ever the weather , its what we do so know the variables. 

wind does effect your shot it effects your arrow its good to shoot in the wind and learn Kentucky windage

turbo1967 said:
I have practiced many times in the wind up to 30 mph and i think its very important for every body to shoot in the wind so they know what to expect and what there limits are. Its sometimes windy for days on the mountain  and you cant not hunt when you put an entire year preparing for that hunt.With my set up I have almost no wind drift out to 40 yard as in less than 1 inch in a 20 mph wind . I also shoot in the rain and in the snow. Im going to go hunting what ever the weather , its what we do so know the variables.

I definitely agree wind affects your arrow path, but  for especially new shooters its hard to hold your bow steady in the wind. This is why bows are coming in new designs that are more areodynamic to the wind. I can shoot about the same as turbo1967 n the wind, however when its just wind gust , its hard to keep steady.

turbo1967 said:

Yeah, what he said!

I also practice in all conditions, especially wind.  It's often windy in the mountains.  Generally, I feel wind moves the shooter more than the arrow, especially with the heavier and smaller diameter arrows.

If you can, try kneeling during windy conditions. The wind doesn't have as much body height to affect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back