Wolf Tag

ghost

Dec 28, 2012
For those of you planning on hunting in states with wolf tags available, how many people are planning on having a wolf tag in their pocket come elk season?

I will have one for every state I hunt if available. Even though I am not hunting them specifically, you never know when the opportunity will present itself.

Being a Non Res I would love to have a Wolf tag in my pocket when I hunt in Montana, BUT With the $350.00 price that Montana has put on a Non-Res Wolf tag, they don't want our help to solve the Wolf problem. IMHO

Kevin

Recieved an Wolf tag with my Sportsman package here in Idaho and will puchase in Montana if I am fortunate and draw

I would love to have a tag but its hard enough to swallow the price of a NR elk tag in montana, much less the wolf tag price.  350 bucks is way to much for a wolf tag, especially when I am hunting with a bow.

Its a shame that you guys need tags and are limited with regards to thinning the wolf population out. Up here you can just have at it - shoot as many as you want. There's been such an explosion in the population in our mountain zones the last few years that guys have really been trying to hammer down on them - they've had a significant effect on our moose and elk pops.

I will always have a wolf tag in my pocket, with all the time and money the states have invested in trying to get control of this problem it is the least I can do!!

I can't believe MT has such a high price on a wolf tag. I paid the old Idaho non-resident $180 wolf tag price, but will never pay the $350 MT is asking. New Idaho non-resident tag is only $31.75 though so no excuse not to buy one.

ghost said:
I can't believe MT has such a high price on a wolf tag. I paid the old Idaho non-resident $180 wolf tag price, but will never pay the $350 MT is asking. New Idaho non-resident tag is only $31.75 though so no excuse not to buy one.

Ya. Even if they were $50.00 for a non-res I would buy a wolf tag, But at $350.00 there is no way in H, that I will buy a MT Wolf Tag.

3 years ago in Montana where I hunt, I had a Rancher stop at my camp, and he told me and my buddy that he had already lost 18 calves that year to Wolves that he new of, and asked us to shoot any Wolf that we saw.
Kevin

I just read on another Site, to where Montana is lowering the price of there Non-Res Wolf Tags from $350.00 to $50.00. and if I read it right ?, you can buy up to 3 of them ?.

Kevin

It took a little time but MT has done a lot of changes to wolf management for the better.  It passed through legislation this year.  It would have been done earlier but had to wait until now.  Passed with ease and is immediately effective. 

Welcome Wolf hunters!!! Just come to Idaho and you can hunt all the wolves you want.  You have up to four tags per year here and it's cheap! 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back