wrench in my plans

wapiti_will

Dec 28, 2012
anyone else have a wrench thrown into their plans yet?  just found out my wife is pregnant and is due the same week i plan on being in the mountains.  i'm hoping i can make something work at the end of the season, but we'll see what happens.  exciting and awesome to be having another child, but my wife also knows the timing isn't perfect.  first thing she said when the doctor gave the due date was....oops, that's hunting season  :-\

Ya know, there is a way to make sure this doesn't happen.  However, it isn't part of our DNA.

I can appreciate your situation and I will volunteer my time to hunt your spot and take lots of pictures and tell you all about it....it's the least I can do to help out.
Congratulations to the wife and you!

Congratulations, I can Identify with you 12 years ago my son was born on the first day of archery deer season. 4 years later my youngest daughter was born at the beginning of archery deer season.  Hopefully someday soon, we can celebrate birthdays by going to the mountains to hunt elk.

It's all about planning, My first was an August baby but only because she came 3 weeks early.  Lesson learned after that one, the next 2 were born in March and Nov. 

This year is totally up in the air for me, last year 10-27-12 when I was coming down off the mountain to go home, another truck pulling about a 28' RV jackknifed and blocked the whole road. he called friends to bring him chains, but after I had sat there for 1 1/2 hours another Truck came down the mountain and rear-ended my 14' TA axle Cargo Trailer it ended up being totaled and it bent the frame on my Chevy Silverado too. my personal property has pretty much been taken care of, But I have Whiplash from it, I have been to the Doctor, Chiropractor over 20 times, 2 MRIs, and just saw a Neurologist, I have headaches 24 hours a day and Dizziness, the Neurologist gave me a prescription to help with my headaches, and wants me to go to Physical Therapy 3 times a week.
The Neurologist said it could take 2 weeks to over 2 years to get over it.
The dead line for the Montana draw is March 15Th, I just don't know what to do.

But, I know that I can't Elk hunt in the condition I am in right now.

Kevin

Yea my wife and I tried to plan our last pregnancy around hunting season.  Our original due date was the first of December and I thought it was all going to work out great.  Then the doctor told us we were going to have twins and not to make any plans for the fall because they come early.  Well they were born on September 19th.  So good luck!

My hunting partner just returned from a ski trip and wrapped himself around a pine tree tearing his MCL and ACL. Waiting on MRI to see what's next. An operation could throw a wrench in some hunting......... :(

I have had my partner cancel on me the last two times I had a Montana NR elk tag.  Both times due to getting Lymes disease the summer before we were to leave.  I ended up going alone both times and this past year I was able to get the job done.  It canbe done alone and believe me you get a lot of satisfaction from doing it.

when the 2 most important activities in life collide its never pretty.good luck man.It will be cool in 12 years when they want to go with. ;D

I hear you.  My oldest son was born on Opening day Deer season,so I couldn't make it. However my Dad did get a nice buck.........That was 33 years ago. Now my son's wife is due Oct. 19th,second rifle season fo CO.. guess he won't be going this year.

Oh my god... do I ever. 

My wife's sister is getting married Sept 27th.  This is the week which I had planned to be in the country because of heavy rutting activity present this specific week in recent years. 

Now I have to move my hunt a week earlier which will bring it into a full moon cycle.  I prefer not to hunt full moons due to rut activity happening throughout the night with good nighttime visibility.

Not only this but now the "dress fitting" is scheduled over the top of the Missoula MT outdoors show featuring the elk calling seminar with Corey Jacobson.  We have a young son who is dependent on his mom for food so that means I'll be hanging out nearby in the outdoors store while the fitting is going on, however not in the calling seminar I've been looking forward to for a month already.

Murphey's law is alive and kicking.  I guess it wouldn't be called overcoming adversity without some adversity.  Here we go 2013 season.  Good luck to all of you out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back