WTB Horn Hunter Full Curl combo/Exo K2000 daypack/MysteryRanch Scapegoat35

AZspotstalk

Jul 27, 2017
Looking to buy a HH full curl combo or Exo K2000 day pack or Mystery Ranch scapegoat35, I'm looking for a day pack with pockets for the smaller items but can also handle that heavy load on an elk hunt.  after doing research and reading reviews like crazy I've narrowed it down to these packs. If you have any advice or comments, pros cons on these packs it would be much appreciated. I'm leaning towards the Exo but the price has me hesitant to pull the trigger.
Thanks guys

IMOI would eliminate the scapegoat off your list and add the crew cab (I think they call it  a cabinet now). I don't have a scapegoat but as near as I can tell it's an internal or intergrated frame vs the other two being external. If you have to have a scapegoat then go with it, but it's very different than the other two packs you're looking at.

The EXO (don't have one) sounds like a great pack and it's hard to find anything wrong with them or any bad reviews. Get different bags on the same frame to make it very universal. Lighter than the other packs you're looking at.

HH FC (I have one).... for the price im convinced you will not find a better system, and made in the USA for $300 (amazon). It's adjustable, comfortable and bombproof. One of the few packs in this price range where the load lifters actually work. IMO it's as high quality as my MR packs, maybe not kifaru but close. It could be sold for much more. I will never part with mine, despite having other packs that are much higher priced. I think they make a solo-x bag for this now which makes it even more universal.

MR Cabinet (I have a crewcab which was an early model of the cabinet, virtually the same maybe heavier though).... really a great, universal pack. like the other two you can run it down to a day pack or get different bags to make it 7000cu/in. MR products are absolutely bomb proof but come at a cost and trend heavier than other packs at the same price point. I really like MR, they are comfortable and do everything I need it to when ounces aren't being counted.

I haven't used the other two, but I am also very happy with my Full Curl Combo. I decided to give that one a shot simply because of the price point and it has not let me down. I'll probably never try the other two because the Full Curl doesn't leave me looking for anything more.

Does the small pack that comes on the HH combo fit everything you need in it? Have any complaints on the pack?

AZ,

I have the HH full curl and I've used it for 2 seasons so far.
I've packed out two elk, a barbary sheep, and a whitetail.

When it comes to a daypack, I generally carry way more than I need.
So I can tell you it can carry a lot of stuff. Way more than I'll ever need for a day trip.
I could even use this as a day trip pack with a plan of staying overnight somewhere too. It's got plenty of room.

As far as comfort, my opinion is you kind of get what you pay for. I have zero issue with it, but I will tell you that after packing my barbary sheep out, I through on my buddies exo5000 (which had all his gear and a sheep in it too) and it was much more comfortable.
As I mentioned though, the HH is plenty comfortable for me and my uses. That may not be the case for someone else though.

The one thing I want to mention is the HH can hold a lot, but it is a little larger on my back. I feel like the exo2000 would be more compact and probably fit better than the HH, but again... for the price and the results, I'm pleased with it.

Something I'd recommend, if you can..... go to a store with some packs, try them on, and if you bow hunt..... practice drawing your bow with it on. The last thing I want to see is someone buy a daypack that they aren't comfortable drawing back a bow with.

If you're a gun hunter, then no worries!

Thanks for all the input guys really really helps, I ordered my Horn Hunter Full curl system last night, excited to give it a go and see how it fits me! Thanks again!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back