WY trophy elk hunt?

COLOelkman

Dec 28, 2012
I have 1 less than max pts in WY and probably want to hunt in 2014 or soon after.  I tagged along with a buddy several yrs ago in Unit 7 so that's the only unit I'm familar with.  Lots of public/private checkerboard land which presents a challenge but it's "rated" as a top trophy unit.  We did see one 370 class bull and didn't get much time to hunt but we saw tons of sign.  He did pay a reasonable tresspass fee so we had some private to hunt on as well as public.  I'm thinking that I'd only be able to draw a good WY unit once in my life (currently in my late 50's) so I'm wanting a decent chance at a 330-350 type elk.  I do bow hunt as well as rifle and I do understand the WY application/regs relatively well.  I'd probably lean most toward a DIY hunt and I'm willing to put in the effort to research and I'm physically able to go most anywhere.  A drop camp might be another option I'd consider also assuming it'd be maybe $1500 or so.  So anyone have any suggested other units that might be good for me that I could draw in '14 or '15?  Doug

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back