Wyoming elk partner

woody6899

Apr 18, 2018
This is my first year bow hunting. I have hunted Wyoming most of my life but mostly  road hunted. My hunting partner is usually my dad but his health is going down hill the past few years so he can?t go. I haven?t decided on an area to hunt yet. The places I want to go are heavy grizzly areas so I am a little nervous about going it alone. I have shot a lot of cows but never a bull. I will need some guidance probably. I don?t have the gear yet to go deep back country for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey woody, welcome to the site!

Well that's a bummer about your pops, I am going through the same with my dad.

I live in Montana and I hunt in Grizzly country too.  I am also sketched out about bears.  But, it is the nature of the beast when hunting in their country.  That being said I haven't had many issues with them.  No matter 1 or 4 hunters, the risk is still the same when silently stalking through the mountains they live in.  Face the fear head on.  Sometimes my brother literally has to push me harder than I am comfortable with, but I start to settle after sometime. I just know I have 2 sprays and a 10mm with heavy bear loads, 220 gr hard cast hot loads, so I feel safe.

Good luck finding a new hunting partner.  I will say though, my biggest animals have always been taken when I hunt alone for some reason.

You ever hunt MT?

Kdkehoe said:
Hey woody, welcome to the site!

Well that's a bummer about your pops, I am going through the same with my dad.

I live in Montana and I hunt in Grizzly country too.  I am also sketched out about bears.  But, it is the nature of the beast when hunting in their country.  That being said I haven't had many issues with them.  No matter 1 or 4 hunters, the risk is still the same when silently stalking through the mountains they live in.  Face the fear head on.  Sometimes my brother literally has to push me harder than I am comfortable with, but I start to settle after sometime. I just know I have 2 sprays and a 10mm with heavy bear loads, 220 gr hard cast hot loads, so I feel safe.

Good luck finding a new hunting partner.  I will say though, my biggest animals have always been taken when I hunt alone for some reason.

You ever hunt MT?
I lived in red lodge just long enough to get residency in Montana and loose residency in Wyoming. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back