Wyoming

BrentLaBere

Jan 7, 2013
Starting the planning process for next year. going in with 6 points to Wyoming draw and trying to narrow down the possible units to apply for. If anyone wants to share some general info let me know. Looking for an archery hunt and I see a few areas with type 9 are pretty close. Always have the possibility of the random draw. Any one else in a similar position? Im leaning towards waiting with my points, but may go for it if the area is right. Pm me and I can also say what areas Im looking at.

All I know is that with the WYO fee increases for next year, I am going to very, very sure of the unit before I apply

Oh man, I forgot about that talk from this last year. Ill do a search on the increase. Do you know if they had settled on what the special and regular would be?

Found it here:
https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Apply-or-Buy/License-Fee-List/2018-License-Fee-Changes

NR elk Regular 577 to 690
NR elk special 1057 to 1266

The increase sucks... but I will still hunt.

You do not need an archery permit if you draw a type 9 tag.

Bowhunter1 said:
The increase sucks... but I will still hunt.

You do not need an archery permit if you draw a type 9 tag.

Same here, im still going in. Somwhere

Anyone ever hunt the bighorns? Either PM or phone call would work. Roads, Atv trails, wilderness, ect...
Talked to biologist and wardens about a few areas.

Im with you guys.... prices are going up, but Im still going!  :upthumb:

I've got three points for elk, antelope, and deer. I may cash in on antelope this upcoming year.

I have no helpful information, but I am sure you'll get some!

Does anyone have information on the random draw in Wyoming? I posted this question on another site and got some good information, just nothing confirmed. Heres an example of a draw process and if someone wants to confirm or correct it, please do.
1st choice 45 second choice general in the special pp draw.
After not being selected you are placed into the random draw but only for your first choice in the pp draw. If you are selected in random you will lose your pp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back