you all just hanging your elk calls around your neck?

Boom

Aug 6, 2017
you take multiple calls?  like a turkey caller does; just in case the flavor of the day changes?
how does your call management look like?  just a necklace of reeds, and diaphrams in a pocket?

I cant do stuff around my neck. It bothers the crap out of me.

I keep some in my pocket and some in my bino harness case. There is a zipper on the back of the harness that is perfect for my calls and other random items lol

I've just stuck with diaphragms and I keep them all in a zipper pocket on the hip belt of my pack. I do bring multiple calls just in case one isn't doing the trick.

I can?t do around the neck either.

I keep them in a hard case in my front right pocket. And then I?m always holding one in my hand.  I usually don?t wear gloves and my hands don?t really get cold so I?m always holding one. Kind of like a pacifier, it?s always there for easy access. The ones in the hard case are backups and I only have 2 diaphragms I use. 

diaphragm calls in bino harness slashes with a fightin cow and wind checker on the sides. Usually keep a couple of backups in the pack

I carry lots of them and there everywhere. I have my bugle around my neck and two cow calls on a different lanyard around my neck. Five more in my pockets and a few extras in my pack. I like the Carlton calls lonesome cow. The two around my neck are that call and so is one in my pack. They are a reed call that if you use enough starts to lock up so I always have three of them. I also have a hoochie mama and a baby hoochie in my pockets. They are pretty much a backup only. I don't really care for the way they sound but they always produce a sound. No freezing up with them. And then I carry a Imakeadabullcrazy. Both the long range and short range versions. I use it a ton when I am calling. I don't start with it but after I get a bull that is responding I will start slowly introducing it and if he is fired up I end up using it almost exclusively. The last three bulls I've shot have been called in with that call.

ribo451 said:
I carry lots of them and there everywhere. I have my bugle around my neck and two cow calls on a different lanyard around my neck. Five more in my pockets and a few extras in my pack. I like the Carlton calls lonesome cow. The two around my neck are that call and so is one in my pack. They are a reed call that if you use enough starts to lock up so I always have three of them. I also have a hoochie mama and a baby hoochie in my pockets. They are pretty much a backup only. I don't really care for the way they sound but they always produce a sound. No freezing up with them. And then I carry a Imakeadabullcrazy. Both the long range and short range versions. I use it a ton when I am calling. I don't start with it but after I get a bull that is responding I will start slowly introducing it and if he is fired up I end up using it almost exclusively. The last three bulls I've shot have been called in with that call.

Dang ribo, that's an extensive list. But evidently it works!

Hey DTP, I have to take issue with something you said. That statement of " can't do stuff around my neck" is baloney!  On several occasions I have seen pictures of you that look suspiciously like you have raided your wife's side of the closet!

mainebrdr said:
  Hey DTP, I have to take issue with something you said. That statement of " can't do stuff around my neck" is baloney!  On several occasions I have seen pictures of you that look suspiciously like you have raided your wife's side of the closet!

Hahaha scarves fall into a different category.  :haha:

mainebrdr said:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back