2014 fitness goals

I am excited for the warmer weather. I want to start kicking my runs up a notch. I have been doing pretty well with the gym and my goals there.  I have also been able to make sure that I have hit my goal of so many arrows a week.  I can see my shots improving each day.

the weather here has FINALLY turned the corner.  running hills 4 days a week, shooting for an hour every other day, lifting every day, and practicing the calls twice a week.

only 146 days left....

I picked out a endurance event, a 50 mile mountain bike ride in July. I find it motivational to pick something mid year, kind of like picking smaller short term goals to achieve the bigger long term goal, which is packing out a elk of course. So if you are having trouble getting motivated, then pick out a event, a sparten race, a marathon or 1/2. Anything to get you off the couch.

Another thing is I am trying out some spring turkey hunting this year. That will keep me motivated to keep practicing with the bow and working on my calls with the reeds.

Lastly I implemented a weight program that emphasize core, shoulders and legs, 2x a week. The routine is "compounded" so back, chest and arms benefits from the workouts. That has helped with hill climbs and my shooting. Strong shoulders, smooth drawback and protects from injures.

Ok.. I'll fess.. I haven't worked out since last oct... Went from 248 to 221.. Back to 233... I tried to do the home gym thing... Not working.. Started counting days till season, and went and renewed my gym membership.. I realized I'm only letting myself down and I will be really pissed come sept when my body hurts and I can't go like I need to. 145 days.. Sounds like a lot but it isn't.. So hammer down!!!

I have been slow on the excercise,  but plan on getting after it this week. I had dropped 12 lbs with diet change and starting to go to the gym. ThenI slacked off for a week and gained 3lbs back. I am not sure of my goal weight, but it will probably be around 170. Was 193 last week.  :-\

Jimbow65 said:
I need to loose 20-25# also, I have lost more than that in the past, but I gradually put it back on.
-My fitness goals are to run a 5k, (I have never been a runner almost 49yo)
-Loose 25#
-Spend more time on the bike, (my kids are getting old enough to do some bike races)
-Increase my flexibility
Jim
Due to a lower back injury, this isn't going as planned. flexibilty now is the ability to tie my shoes. but nice weather is here now, makes it a lot easier to be active outside.

No need to think you'll go downhill in your 40's. This is me at 45. 6'1' 220lbs. I could easily get the meat from a bull out alone for miles. Now i'm 71, ans still getting the meat out alone, but i've let my weight drop to 175 lbs. I just hike all year now with heavy backpacks to stay in shape. It's more fun than lifting weights, and it simulates exactly what i'm staying is shape for.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back