2014 Meat Pole Thread - Elk

\"bullrub\" said:
[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->photo.JPG<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]
Next day bull by my son\'s friend.

Congrats again bullrub... Ya son and his friend are bull wackin\'... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

[attachment=2]<!-- ia2 -->photo.jpeg<!-- ia2 -->[/attachment]Opening morning my buddy Randy heard a mew and then a couple bulls fighting. After a 15 min battle, he used the Hoochie to call the loser into 25 yds. He \"grass bagged\" him the first shot but made good on a second 30 yarder through the heart.

9-4 a cow and a spike walk by me at 35 yds. Shooting through the pole timber I caught her in the last rib. She ran 20 yds and stopped with her hindend toward me. I came to full draw, had to wait a minute and when she started to turn at 50 yds I sent another arrow from the inside of the near ham to the opposite shoulder, breaking it. Always one to try to finish the job asap, I snuck up on her and did just that at 20 yds. All by myself and I didn\'t bring my camera or phone, the only pic I got was back at the wheeler with the second pack, which was one hind, both fronts and all the loose meat.
[attachment=1]<!-- ia1 -->20140904_111718.jpg<!-- ia1 -->[/attachment]

That afternoon the greenhorn of the group shot his second animal ever with a bow, a nice cow. Next day was a lot of meat cutting.

We finished the week 3 for 5, bringing home 450# or so of meat

Attachments

• photo.jpeg
    photo.jpeg
    159.3 KB · Views: 3,482
  • 20140904_111718.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 3,482
  • 20140904_204628.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 3,482
3 for 5 ... well-above the average!

Good job, all ... I can\'t wait to get out there on Saturday.

Good for everyone!!!!!

I also know of someone with a boat that will be posting his success here :clap: :clap:

amazing group of hunters here.

very well done!! i\'m waiting for my friends to get cell service out of NM unit 15. any day now.

Awesome stories!! I am heading to Colorado this next Friday!! Can\'t wait. Hey Brad, your son\'s bull is a freak!! too cool :train:

Jason, welcome!! Great to see you over here and glad to hear you are going to be able to make it out for the hunt this year. Keep us updated on how it goes! (BTW, I was cugolf14 on the old elkcamp site).

Hope all is well!

For sure and thanks! Brad had sent me the link. Very disappointed in how the other forum turned out, but oh well. At least we have this great place to see all the stuff! Can\'t wait to get into the woods.

Havent had anytime to get on and post. Here is my first elk with a bow hunting up with cnelk. Been trying for years to have it all come together and it finally did! Very proud of her and even more hooked on bow hunting now! Congratulations to everyone looks like a great season so far!
DSC00023.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back