2014 Meat Pole Thread - Elk

It\'s been a awesome hunt so far still here for another week. Lots of stories a Picts to share

Attachments

• image.jpg
    292 KB · Views: 897
\"BTL\" said:
Nice bull! Now its your turn to get it done

Lol I have not even packed my bow this year. I have called the whole season so far. It\'s been fantastic with the amount of bulls we have heard and called in. Troy from GCHC is coming in tonight we will see if he lets me call one in for him as well. Still have this whole week left

bulldown_zpsaa2e1c99.jpg

heroshot_zps407ed735.jpg

CO Solo DIY, Flat Tops Wilderness. Killed on 9/19/2014

\"cohunter14\" said:
Nicely done Jeff, congrats!!! When you get a chance, share the details :upthumb:
Thanks guys. So many details, Derek!

Bulls were only talking a little at dawn and dusk, and moving their cows quickly to unreachable areas.

I finally resorted to Swede tactics (old age and treachery beats youth and vitality) :mrgreen: .

I climbed up in an old wooden treestand that sits in a creek bottom between a North facing dark timber slope, and a semi-open South ridge. The trails converging under the stand are like a highway. This was on day 7 of my hunt.

Shot him quartering in from almost straight down (I was 30 feet up).

Entry wound:
entry_zps03a0673e.jpg

Exit wound:
exit_zpsbc30337e.jpg

I will be writing up the story this week, since I tagged out nearly a week earlier than expected, and I still have time off work. There is a lot more to the story!

Good job, Jeff... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I couldn\'t climb up in a 30\' tree stand... I get nose bleed tryin\' to get up to one of our 16\' stands... :downthumb: :downthumb: I\'ve never been in it to check out the view... :wave: :wave:

Members online

No members online now.
Back