2016 Elk Meat Pole

Got this nice bull opening day in NM at 2:45ish. He was bedded with 8-9 cows and another bigger bull. Shot him in his bed. He never stood up.

68d70e7c667e5cf8e77ffa3280cf9e51.jpg

f703dc0339dfc9d32ef45bd552d12432.jpg

3424672397f97ac86a3407cc7f93176c.jpg

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
Great job CJ and Dan the man with the pink packing cap... :D :D :upthumb: :upthumb:

Phil.... I went hunting and didn\'t kill a jake! Arent you proud? :lol: :lol:

\"iccyman001\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
Great job CJ and Dan the man with the pink packing cap... :D :D :upthumb: :upthumb:

I\'m proud of you and glad you got a freezer full of elk meat but I was really pulling for you to get one of those bulls you got pictures of... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
\"iccyman001\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

I\'m proud of you and glad you got a freezer full of elk meat but I was really pulling for you to get one of those bulls you got pictures of... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

That will be for another year. I gave a good friend and recurve buddy my best spot. It\'s because the shot distance was much closer.
He saw my big bulls almost every day... compound distance, but not recurve.

I wouldn\'t have traded him being happy for the world! He got some great encounters and I have a full freezer.

\"iccyman001\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:
\"iccyman001\" said:
\"Ol\' Arky\" said:

That will be for another year. I gave a good friend and recurve buddy my best spot. It\'s because the shot distance was much closer.
He saw my big bulls almost every day... compound distance, but not recurve.

I wouldn\'t have traded him being happy for the world! He got some great encounters and I have a full freezer.

SO, don\'t you love it when a plan comes together????????? :D :D

Proud of you Dan.... :clap: :clap:

Congrats to everybody on your animals and good luck to those still hunting or waiting to go.

Dan

Congrats to everybody on their animals! Good luck to those still hunting and those waiting to go!

Dan

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->image.jpeg<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]Just got home from the high country. We spent half of the 9 days we had scheduled to hunt calling, videoing & packing for our hunting buddy who drew a limited entree unit here in Colorado. It was completely worth it & would be thrilled to do it again.Shawn was pretty solid on holding out for something close to 300\". He held off on several smaller bulls & was 10 yds away & at full draw from a great bull on Sunday morning but the bull zigged when we expected him to zag & he didn\'t get the shot. Monday morning we were back in his bedroom & said those fighting words that brought him in with fire in his eyes. The same bull! Shawn made a perfect 18 yd double lung shot & we watched him go down inside 75 yds. The special thing about it was that he shot that bull less than 10 yds from where the bull that I missed 2 years ago stood. We changed our given name of \"Dissapointment Ridge\" to \"Redemption Ridge\" We got some great video I\'ll share when we get it put together. Good luck to all still in the chase!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 1,076

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back