A September to remember and how I am planning it.

DTP

Administrator
Jun 13, 2017
I wont post it all today, but I am going to try to keep up with my prep and planning for my 2024 September hunts. I have an archery elk and deer tag for New Mexico and an archery LE Montana elk tag and general deer tag (will chase them in September when I am out there).

New Mexico tag - 16D, 1st season archery, Sept 1-14
New Mexico tag - 33, early archery, Sept 1-24
Montana tag - 620/621 LE September tag
Montana tag - general deer.

At this time I believe I'll head down to New Mexico a day or two early to set up camp and get acclimated to the mountains.
I've hunted this unit before so I dont need to scout as much, but I will want to glass some of the areas I know.
My hope is to find the right bull early and as always hopefully put one down.
IF I can shoot a NM bull early I will cut east and spend a few days in unit 33 chasing mule deer.

The goal is to be done with everything in NM by the 14th so I can get back to Missouri, drop off meat, clean gear, and then meet my buddy in Montana around the 15th!

Super jealous of that September. Some solid tags for sure! Make sure to save some money for the taxidermy bill, and don't forget to tip them well enough to put a solid wall mount on there...you don't want a trophy falling off the wall again!

Reactions: DTP
Super jealous of that September. Some solid tags for sure! Make sure to save some money for the taxidermy bill, and don't forget to tip them well enough to put a solid wall mount on there...you don't want a trophy falling off the wall again!
My heart still hurts from that day…..

Looking forward to following along with this! Drew the second archery season for the same unit in NM and am getting anxious to put some boots on the ground and check things out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back