advice on new knife

As with the rest I like the Havalon. I do hesitate to change the blades in the field if needed unless I have a leatherman. If you were to stick yourself with this knife you could be in trouble if your a ways in. I also love my knives of Alaska cub caper I believe it is called and also like to use a Buck paklite caper. With these last two I caped and quartered 80% of my shiras moose. Strong blades and keep an edge on both.

Now that RMEF gives a buck with every yearly renewal I have started liking the "free" knives. The stuff they used to give out was china junk that wouldn't hold an edge but the last few Bucks I have gotten have kept me out of the new knife market.

Get a Havalon for the real work and a nice fixed blade to wear for show.    :)    Ask yourself this.  Are you still using a single straight edge to shave,  or do you use a disposable? 

Don't tell me you use an electric razor, cause I'm gonna want to see your cordless electric filet knife on your hip during hunting camp.

I just picked up the OE Razor Blaze, I have used a Havalon before on deer and they are extremely sharp but you have to pay attention to what you are doing as the blades break easily.  I am looking forward to using the OE knife because it is still light but feels much more substantial in the hand. Also you can touch up the thicker blades with a ceramic sharpener if you want to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back