anyone kill spring bear yet?

Season in MT begins the 15th of April.  Did my first scouting day today.  no sign but where i wanted to be is closed to vehicle traffic due to snow, so I'll be watching to see when the gates open up to let me back in there. Good luck!

Idaho starts the 15th, but we try not to go till the beginning of May to help get some snow out of the way. 

I got out for the first time last sunday the 13th saw lots of elk and deer. But about an hour before dark this 200 pound bear shows up on a tree line in the bottom of a swampy clear cut. Story ends with a miss but it was sure nice to see a bear on the first trip out. I really wanted a 300+  bear so i guess it worked out for the best... thats what I keep tellin myself anyways.

no we have no bear hunts. i have to travel to hunt bear. we have a small but rapidly growing bear and elk population and the conservation department is looking at having draw hunts 2016-2018 ish

Nice, that's exciting then. Spring bear is an awesome way to stay in  shape and hold me over to fall. I hope your season comes soon!

Donnie and I drew tags here in Idaho and it opened on the 1st. We went up last week, but it's still early. We did find a really big track, and ended up seeing a small black bear right before dark. We'll give it another week or two, then start hitting it hard.

Attachments

• HikingInFlowers2.jpg
    HikingInFlowers2.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 6
Garrett Weaver said:
Nice, that's exciting then. Spring bear is an awesome way to stay in  shape and hold me over to fall. I hope your season comes soon!

i have never spring bear hunted i have fall hunted in Idaho  that was a lot of fun i can only imagine spring i just hope it doesn't collide with my turkey season ;D

Pulled a bait in 2 weeks ago. It's snowing right now so we are a few weeks away from some good action.  We might give spot and stalk a go. 

[quote author=cowboystl1 link=topic=2001.msg17993#msg17993
i have never spring bear hunted i have fall hunted in Idaho  that was a lot of fun i can only imagine spring i just hope it doesn't collide with my turkey season ;D

It ended Turkey hunting for me.

waiting for a little bit before i head on out here in Idaho.  Have a couple big boars spotted though.

High five, anyone?

Attachments

• 2014_0508_Donnie Idaho Bear5_s.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 9
Thanks to the tree huggers Colorado lost the spring bear hunt in 92. I'm looking forward to the fall hunt though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back