Archery equipment getting to expensive?

Yes, it is more expensive. But the advancements and durability of such gear is has increased 10 fold as well. The beautiful thing about this sport is that you can hunt with a 15 year bow and $100 worth of clothing and gear or a brand new bow and $5,000 worth of gear and still have the same fulfillment out of it. It's a very personal thing and I don't think the price of gear is relative to success on the field. It's all about what each of us make it.

I think the price to hunt is crazy and I feel bad for the people who are just starting out. I have a buddy who just bought his first rifle and when he told me the price I had to be honest with him and tell him that by the time he bought tags license, ammo, clothing, a pack, boots, and gas to get there, he would spend way more than the $500 he spent on a rifle.

Hunting gear is crazy expensive.  That's why it's important to get the best 2nd hand gear or and bargain deals you can find.  I hound the local pawn and bargain stores for gear, along with craigslist.  The positive aspect of gear costing as much as it does is that it holds its value well.  A used item will cost about half of a new one and if you put in the time the "steals" are out there waiting to be found. 
New gear at cost price is not something I even look at. Until that six figure income finds its way into my life I'll be in the bargain cave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back