ATV Technology

\"Don K\" said:
Any belt issues on the Polaris after all the plowing and work?
I haven\'t had any issues with mine.

As far as insurance goes, I did insure mine once I got it. More than anything I figured it would be worth it if someone decided to jump on it at my house and do something stupid. :crazy:

Wife is looking into homeowners to see what it covers.

Spent some time on the phone yesterday calling a handful of dealers. I am in Illinois, and am 30 min from the WI border.

I\'m not positive on what I want yet but a WI dealer has the Polaris 450 out the door 1,500 dollars cheaper than anyone else.

Its funny these dealers advertise a price, then they add \"setup fees\" \"delivery charges\" \"doc fees\". Just give me the out the door price.

The one WI dealer was not charging any of these fees, and they sell a bunch of machines.

Don

I bought all of my snowmobiles, ATVS in Wyoming - .
If I picked them up, they reduced the cost quite a bit and I didnt have to pay CO sales tax...
I saved a lot of $$$

Keep searching. Its that time of year you can get some good deals

Just today I pulled out my 350 Yamaha Bruin 2wd and went thru it as it hasnt been run for a couple years
Changed spark plug, drained old fuel, added new fuel, tore the carburetor apart and cleaned it,
Adjusted this, checked that.
All set!

Im going to bring it down to my daughter so she can use it on the ranch

Brad,

Funny you mention this.

Two dealers I talked to in WI told me to pay WI tax (cheaper than IL) then register the machine in WI and get a trail sticker.

The third dealer (the one that is the best price) told me pay for the machine, and a 95 doc fee and its yours. Its up to you to title it in Illinois and pay the tax if you want.

Illinois does not register their ATVS nor do they have trail stickers. They do say I should pay my tax here and title it here.

Soooo Im trying to figure out if I buy the machine from this dealer in WI, come back here and not pay tax what that may do in the future. Im trying to figure out what I would need to buy a trail sticker in CO, and WI as a NR.

I really want to pay my fair share of taxes, (not) but this would save me another 4 to 5 hundred :shh:

i\'m not where i need an ATV yet.

but i did work in a tunnel. we excavated from one side. 1.5 miles long. at first, the walk was easy. haha.

then it got long. the contractor got ATV from Kubota or something. Diesel rigs, since we couldnt have gasoline in the tunnel. those things were the most powerful things ever. hauling 6 men..gear. thru the nastiest muck ever. i think they had a diesel kawasaki mule as well.

Diesel and electric ATV\'s are nice but we keep getting further and further away for what the ATV was designed for... First they were tricycle HIGH floatation tired light weight vehicles designed to take you where you couldn\'t get in a regular vehicle while leaving little or no signature...

The heavier non floatation tired vehicles are now what the people that designed the ATV to get away from...

With that said you need to get the ATV that suits YOUR needs...

Like Brad said you know what you need to do when it comes to buying your new ATV.... Here in the south there s a healthy used ATV market... That could be something you might look into in your area... I\'m still using the 1998 Polaris 300 4WD 4-wheeler I bought new in 1998
which in our market is worth about $1000... I\'m glad I kept it when I got my 2010 Ranger since one of my boys and all the grandkids enjoy using it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back