Bad news from home.

Sorry to hear that Francis. Will be praying for you and your family during this time. Took a 10 year old young man from our church turkey hunting this past spring who beat Leukemia as a child.

--Mitch

I\'m so sorry to hear that, Francis, and hope you have a safe trip home. I\'ll keep you, Liam, and your family in my thoughts.

Safe journey, Francis and prayer\'s from all of us in Arkyville for Liam, ya family and all involved in his care...

Remember \"God is GREAT, God is GOOD\" and He has all the grace and tools to give those who will be caring\' for Liam and ya family... :angle: :angle:

Francis, I am wishing Liam and your family strength and courage as you tackle Liam\'s illness.

Safe travels on your way home.

Francis, I\'ll talk to you soon.
My nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 7. Given less than a 5% chance to live until he was 11. He started chemo and it wasn\'t working and they said he needed a bone marrow transplant. There was a 25% chance that his brother was a match and he was! They did the transplant and even with that they said his chances were low of making it and that he would only live for 7 to 10 more years.
He is 26 years old and getting married next summer. Full remission, no cancer.
Pray, have faith, and believe.

\"WontQuit\" said:
Francis, I\'ll talk to you soon.
My nephew was diagnosed with Leukemia when he was 7. Given less than a 5% chance to live until he was 11. He started chemo and it wasn\'t working and they said he needed a bone marrow transplant. There was a 25% chance that his brother was a match and he was! They did the transplant and even with that they said his chances were low of making it and that he would only live for 7 to 10 more years.
He is 26 years old and getting married next summer. Full remission, no cancer.
Pray, have faith, and believe.
:upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Francis as Marc shared we witnessed a similar event a few years back. My wife used to work with foster kids transitioning into college. One of her kids was constantly sick and lived away from his foster parents. She took him to our local ER and notified his foster parents of his repeated illness. He was diagnosed with leukemia and needed a bone marrow transplant. Being adopted and tracking down siblings was a complicated process because they were \"scattered\". A match was found and he beat it. That young man is healthy and happily married today. He still refers to my wife as his second mom. There are many success stories out there and a lot of prayers being said. Have faith and stay strong!

Thank you everyone! It means allot to me and my family. I made it home today after a long trip straight through.

I will be going to see him and will have better info then. I do know that they took a bone marrow test and it was good. :upthumb: He had his first round of chemo today.

\"F M\" said:
Thank you everyone! It means allot to me and my family. I made it home today after a long trip straight through.

I will be going to see him and will have better info then. I do know that they took a bone marrow test and it was good. :upthumb: He had his first round of chemo today.
:upthumb: also glad you made it home safe!

I went and saw Liam yesterday and found out that he has what is called ALL B Cell Leukemia. The Dr said it was the earliest he has seen it found so that was a good thing. They are giving him aggressive chemo at first then will see how its working in a month and go from there. He gets to go home this afternoon and it sounds like every Friday he will go in for chemo. Sounds like he will have to do it for about 3 1/2 years. He has been a little trooper through it so far.

That sounds like good news to me.... Prayers still coming from all of us here in Arkyville...

sorry to hear this, but glad to hear he\'s dealing with it well.

God be with all of you, sir. You will have prayers from TX.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back