best boots for hunting for elk in the rockies in Colorado

Best thing I can say when it comes to boots is do your best to go to a store and try them all on. It?s amazing how different they all feel. I was fortunate and found a pair of Under Armour boots that weren?t too expensive but fit my feet great. The ironic thing is other Under Armour boots feel terrible on me. So they not only vary from company to company, but even within a company?s different options.

Boots, broadheads and conventional vs synthetic engine oils will always be a topic for debate. However, I will say that you get what you pay for. My first year in Colorado I used a mid-height pair of Keen hiking boots. They did the job and kept my feet happy but this year I sped the money and got a pair of Crispi Summit GTX from BlackOvis. I got them on sale which made me feel a little better. But man, these boots made a tremendous differnce in the way I able to cross through mountainous terrain. I cant say there is much difference between brands of high end hunting/hiking boots but I can say that going from a ~$100 boot to a~$300 boot with a stiffer sole and better laces and ankle support made me a happy hunter.

I?m a man of many boots and for hunting, I?m partial to kenetrek for their great support, traction, durability, and waterproof build over the last 10 years- one pair, ten years, minor repair, and going strong. I prefer kenetrek for their molded leather upper which reduces stitching.

csacowboy said:
What are the best boots to use in the rockies I. Colorado when hunting elk?

Boots are a very personal item. Get some from a vendor that will let you exchange them over and over again. Cabelas was great when I kept returning boots to try a different brand after trying them on the mountain.

This year I am probably going with crispi because I live in Florida and cant just run down the road to a mountaineering store.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back