best bow?

pro's and con's using high end or bargain bows?

• Hoytt?

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Mathews?

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • PSE?

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Bear?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Jason Balazs said:
I am lucky that I get to review just about every bow that comes out each year. Elite has always really been great through and through.

However, like everyone says, you have to be comfortable shooting the bow in your hand.

Speed is less important than accuracy. Cheers

What did you like about your elite vs other bows at that time of purchase? Continue to enjoy or what are the highlights for you?  Besides killing what you shoot.  There is only one local shop here that sells them and I haven?t ran into anyone that owns one to ask how they like them.  I?m always curious.

Kdkehoe said:
What did you like about your elite vs other bows at that time of purchase? Continue to enjoy or what are the highlights for you?  Besides killing what you shoot.  There is only one local shop here that sells them and I haven?t ran into anyone that owns one to ask how they like them.  I?m always curious.

I know that wasn't to me but I have been shooting Elite for the last two years and the best two things to me are how stable the bow is (no jump) and how great the backwall is on it (you can hold it forever and it will even let you creep some).

I love my mathews halon 32 brace height 5.  It's kinda top heavy until you pull back. Then it is very well balanced

87TT said:
Never look through glass you can't afford. Haha

I like this advice. I've been researching bows from a zero experience level.  As a designer of products & my "prosumer"-minimal-bias, I thoroughly consider as many variables and configurations as possible.  I've only preliminarily researched the top names.  I'm also biased toward innovation and those deserving of the "original".  That is always balanced out by avoiding the slippery slope of who made what first, but if they meet it, I give them the due respect of additional consideration.  From my preliminary search, Mathews seems to have met several innovative points.  Although, you can sacrifice slight noise variance, if you execute all other factors; I do like the "quietest" factor. My sensei  :train: Corey Jacobsen said he tried a bunch of bows for extended periods and found home with Prime:)  I know other guys say the same about their picks.  John Eberhart picks Mathews. Many other echo the posts above about using what you have and using what works despite the name and features.  I'd love to start out shooting one of the quietest and fastest bow in the most recent technology. However, I'll probably buy the best dependable shooter deal I come across. With cost as my biggest decider, I'll walk the advice line above because I'm a sucker for the "best".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back