best broadheads for the $$

I've been using 3 blade muzzy broadheads for about 5 years.. very happy with the way they shoot..

I switched the the shuttle T black ops last fall and so far i am very happy. i was shooting montecs and i feel like the shuttle t are leap and bounds better.

Montecs or Shuttle T's. Whatever is the toughest, sharpest and flys great out of your setup. Regardless of price.

I Shoot Grim reapers and have had no problems yet will let you know after one more season.

MUZZY MUZZY MUZZY.  Been shooting the 125 3blade for 20 yrs. They always open and they won't bust your wallet.  I buy a least 6 new ones every year before elk season then tear em up in the spring for gobblers and even then all I would have to do is replace the blades I just like new pretty ones for wack in big bulls.

Marcl, I shot some grim reapers this past season after doing a test in the off season because of the size of the wound it made. I was sold even though I have always been skeptical of mechanicals. I hit a monster muley on the bookcliffs in Utah this past season and the broadhead did not make much of a wound as the deer did not bleed as good as it should have. When I picked up my arrow only one blade was opened. Not saying grim reapers are bad but my fears of them not opening may have been solidified and I will no longer shoot them. I am sure there are just as many success stories with them as well.

It sounds like Slick Trick and Muzzy are the top two choices for majority of the hunters on here. I think I will have to try out these Slick Trick's.

Hard to beat muzzy for the money I have shot the G5 strykers they fly great and are razor sharp but a little on the speedy side.  Cabelas has a broad head out that is an imitation of the Stryker they are less money but not as sharp as the Stryker IMO

Muzzys are a great choice!  Love the six pack price!  I went to a faster bow this year and arrow prep is now a big concern!  When I was shooting a 320 bow, I could get away with a little head wobble!  Now, with even my hunting arrow being over 300 fps, I can't have any wobble!  For grins, I tried some Slick Tricks.  I can honestly say I set up a dozen arrows for hunting this year andnot one arrow did I have to square up the shaft!  I even tried them without the broad head adapter rings on my Easton STs and they spun true!!  Was lucky enough to harvest a bull with one this season and it did great!  Hard to beat the Slicks!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back