Best Pack for Hauling Quarters

First trip out is with the Badlands 4500.  Next trip back the Cabelas Alaskan Frame pack goes up with the 4500 strapped on.  Drop the 4500 at the spike camp and finish packing meat with the Alaskan.  Return to spike camp with a water bottle and pack out with the 4500.  Works great for me. 

First load I use my badlands pack that I use as my main hunting pack but always have my Kelly pack frame in the truck for the rest of the trips

Usually take a front quarter or head out with my Badlands 2200 then come back in with the external frame, cabelas alaskan guide pack...have had a full 1/2 elk on my back with that...Great pack for haulin some serious loads.

Bang for your buck would be the Alpsoutdoorz Commander pack. Light on weight and highly functional. Comes with a huge multi compartment bag for packing. Pop the bag off and attache the meat hauler and you are good to go. Shoulder harness is extremely adjustable to get the correct fit. Under $200 so perfect for us tight budget guys. For me, it is the perfect combo of meat pack and back pack.

558756_3577901134870_200546954_n.jpg
Oregon Pack Works Orion

Montana Wild said:
I'd go Mystery Ranch Longbow or the new Metcalf.  Both kick read end in all aspects.  They are built to HAUL.

Yeah I think I'll be selling my crewcab for a metcalf.  3" frame extension for tallies like me

Montana Wild said:
I'd go Mystery Ranch Longbow or the new Metcalf.  Both kick read end in all aspects.  They are built to HAUL.

I helped pack out 5 elk this year.  I used it as a day pack since we hunted from a civilized camp this year.  But I had all my gear in the bag, had a half of a Boned out cow sandwhiched between the bag and frame and strapped my muzzle loader to the back. 

On another one I put the Boned out meat in the bag itself.  And another one I just bit the bullet and hauled the bones in since that one was down hill to the truck.  This pack is a serious meathauler, organizes your gear perfectly and is super comfy and versatile.

14j0z6x.jpg

11iebh4.jpg

10y3w1w.jpg

buglelk said:
What pack do you use to haul elk quarters?

I use the same one you have in your pic, been using it for years. Had a military board type before, only one time...LOL

well the crew cab may never get to haul any meat if i end up with this
http://elk101.com/forums/index.php/topic,642.msg7933.html#msg7933

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back