Best place to learn elk calls ?

soulsld

Jan 2, 2013
I am looking fo any info whether it be youtube or dvds or who and where is a good place to learn tips tricks and skills calling elk ?

soulsld,

Elk101.com is putting the finishing touches on the most comprehensive instruction elk hunting DVD to ever be released. It will be 2 discs (3 hours) and cover 9 different aspects that contribute to elk hunting success. Using elk calls will be one part of it, as will calling elk...it will also go indepth on other topics such as scouting (using Google Earth), physical conditioning, set ups, quartering, packing, and much, much more!

Stay tuned!

Thats spectacular, Corey! All of us, both experienced and inexperienced will be looking forward to that!

soulsld,
Youtube videos have lots of elk sounds to listen to, so you can try and match those sounds. Just search for bugling elk and elk estrus cow sounds. Some ofthe leading call producers also have mp3 bits for the different sounds. Of course the best is to get into live elk when they are talking. Probably not just "one best place" to get what you want, it is learned from many sources.

Good Luck

We were hoping to have the DVD done before show season started....it didn't happen. We have the first 1/2 pretty much finished up and are working on the 2nd half (the fun half)! I'm hoping we'll have it ready to go in the next 6-8 weeks. We won't be doing any pre-orders, but we'll make sure we have enough of the first run to sell-through into elk season.

It's been a project 3 years in the making, and I didn't want to put something out unless it was of the highest quality. After seeing the way the first half turned out, I'm very excited!

I am looking forward to its release!  Question:  How much of a factor is lung size/capacity?  I'm of a small stature and it seems like I run out of breath before I can produce a suitable bugle.  Also, I don't have a rugged manly voice to produce deep sounding grunts~since I'm a puny little woman.  Is it more about technique and less about giant lungs and a baritone voice? Is there hope for me? :)

Definitely more about technique than having huge lungs - it only takes a small stream of air to get the diaphragm really pumping - the important things are a proper seal with the diaphragm on the roof of your mouth (so that you don't lose/waste air by having it escape out the side) and tongue pressure.

Edit: If you check out the video  that Corey posted of the women's division at the world calling championship you'll be able to see how big of a sound those small women can pump out! Its a great watch.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back