Broadhead of choice

Welcome to the site clafountain2!  :welcome:

Personally, I shoot 100gr Slick Trick Magnums right now. I've been debating on bumping it up to 125gr though. I might try the G5 Montecs as well. I love that they are one piece and you don't have to worry about screwing pieces together, etc.

cohunter14 said:
Welcome to the site clafountain2!  :welcome:

Personally, I shoot 100gr Slick Trick Magnums right now. I've been debating on bumping it up to 125gr though. I might try the G5 Montecs as well. I love that they are one piece and you don't have to worry about screwing pieces together, etc.
Thanks, I come here looking for tips and tricks I can use in the whitetail woods. I feel elk guys use the more accurate gear available and no bs gimmicks you may be able to get away with while deer hunting from 20 yards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have shot fixed blade 125 grain Wasp broadheads since way back when they were Cam-Loks through to today's Hammers. (I will not shoot mechanicals) Have taken 32 elk in the last 34 years (all in NM) and I believe all but the first couple were taken with Wasps. I use to target shoot the head without the blades until the season and I had no change when I tested once the blades were added. They shoot just like my field points. I will note that I shoot instinctive, fingers and no sites. Not smart enough to use all that other stuff.
I have stuck with what works for me.

I shoot the 100 and 125 grain shuttle T locks. I've killed all of my elk and a few deer with them.  :upthumb:

DTP said:
I shoot the 100 and 125 grain shuttle T locks. I've killed all of my elk and a few deer with them.  :upthumb:
I?m really considering these, nothing but good reviews

I picked up 6 100 grain Iron Will heads that I?m dying to put in an animal.

Big money

Compared to NR tag, fuel and other items for an out of state hunt, not really. It?s the one thing that does the work.

clafountain2 said:
DTP said:
I?m really considering these, nothing but good reviews

I've had nothing, but great results with these.
The one complaint I have seen for some people is that they are too hard to sharpen.
Personally I don't sharpen my broadheads so it's not an issue.

I counted it up yesterday and 4 elk and 4 deer have met their demise to them shuttle Ts. I love them

Ramcats (100) have been amazingly accurate and devastating!  No reason to switch things up after years of using them.

Magnus Stinger 2 blade in 100 gr.

WapitiJoeNM - I haven't seen/heard anyone mention WASP Cam Loks in YEARS!!  Once I got to where I couldn't find the replacement blades, I switched to Magnus but the Cam Loks worked great!

Trophy Taker A-Tacs. The bleeder blades are extremely sharp but the main blade needs sharpened out of the pkg which is kind of annoying. But the accuracy is insane. So it?s worth it. They supposedly are re-releasing them August 1st and have addressed the sharpness.

colorado russ said:
Magnus Stinger 2 blade in 100 gr.

WapitiJoeNM - I haven't seen/heard anyone mention WASP Cam Loks in YEARS!!  Once I got to where I couldn't find the replacement blades, I switched to Magnus but the Cam Loks worked great!

That's a common theme with me , lol. In fact, I'm not sure what I am going to do when I need a new bow. Being an instinctive finger shooter, I am being manufactured into extinction. Can't find a bow 40 inches or over axle to axle without paying $1500 plus (and they are target competition bows...not hunting bows)
I actually still have a few of the Cam-Looks that I have found on eBay but I prefer the newer ones.

I shot G5 Strikers and after talking with DTP more I picked up 6 of the shuttle T locks.  I?ve also seen and heard good things about the QAD?s

For deer check out Tooth of the Aarow. Amazing solid, one piece, easy to tune IF at all. 

I shoot Slick Trick Viper Tricks and have had awesome luck with them. They fly great, go through bone well and are tough.

Kdkehoe said:
I shot G5 Strikers and after talking with DTP more I picked up 6 of the shuttle T locks.  I?ve also seen and heard good things about the QAD?s

For deer check out Tooth of the Aarow. Amazing solid, one piece, easy to tune IF at all.
Do you prefer the shuttle or the striker? Those seem to be the 2 I?m debating about as i did like the trocar until I?ve read its pretty much one n done

I'm shooting the 100 gr G5 strikers. Fly like field tips for me. Work great on elk.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back