Broadhead of choice

100 grain GrimReapers is what I use, but I shoot the 1 3/8" cut so it has a much better chance of sliding between rib bones.  I like the way they fly.

I?ve been shooting 125 go Viper Tricks. I found that they fly very close to my field points and provide great penetration.

I go with 100 grain heads bc they are just easier to come by. Especially in classifieds on AT. All my extra weight is with brass inserts and BARs. Trying out trophy Taker ATACS this year. Most accurate fixed blade I?ve shot by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slick Trick 125 Magnums.  I practice with them almost all of July and August.  Then just switch out the blades for my September hunt.

SHARP!!!

Most any head will work if they have strong blades in case you hit bone. I used an old rusty pitted blade to take a doe last year. I sharpened it with a file then a stone. It was an old 2 blade on an old cedar arrow found in a shed. I shot it from a Ben Pearson 45 lb recurve. Passed through and fell out the bottom of her chest when she bounded off. She stopped at 80 yards looked back and tipped over.

I'm no expert, but I've killed 2 elk using the basic 3 blade fixed muzzy. But I'm currently shooting a different broad head so we'll see how it goes.

I have shot several different broadheads throughout the years (Muzzy 3 blade, slick trick standards, and most recently g5 montecs). I might try wac em this year. So far shooting them into a target they have flown great. The reason I might switch from montecs is because I feel they aren't the sharpest. Does anyone have experience with wac em broadheads? What I question most is their durability.

Looking at G5 Montec this year. I have been shooting Muzzy cut on contact Phantoms. Haven't shot an elk with them but they have worked well on deer.

I have put down a lot of elk with a 100 grain G5 Montec. Add to that I have never had an elk go more than 100 yards after being shot with one.

125 slick trick standard and like many other heads they tune up very easy and I?m not seeing any accuracy deficiencies out to 70 yds.  I shot the 100 grain version for years and moved to a new arrow setup with 125?s and I?ve been very pleased with the switch.  Overall I can say these heads are accurate, tough, and sharp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back