Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Sitka Optifade

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Realtree AP

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
I guess the best way to describe me is that I'm a camo whore  ;) .

I too like the open / light patterns.  Seeings how I'm not representing anyone's line of clothing / camo, I have a little bit of everyones.  Sitka, Kuiu, ASAT, and Predator, Core 4 Element lines.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of their patterns...it comes down to performance!

I also have Sitka optifade and have had some very close encounters in the Idaho mountains. I have had elk as close as10 yards look at me and start eating.  This pattern has worked in the thick forest and open mountains. I have also had good luck with Russell Kings Mtn Shadow.

I have a wide variety of camo that I have. I use it all. I think as long as your pretty motionless you are fine with anything. I have a friend who hunts in a green wool shirt and green pants and that is it. He only uses a recurve, so every elk he kills is within 25 yards.

Would live to try the Sitka but it's just to expensive. Mossy Oak has always worked well for me herein Western WA.

There is a pattern called A-tac that i use during the warmer months as they hadnt started making cold weather gear it actually is one of the best i have seen in multiple enviornments other than that real tree or mossy oak seem to work the same

Bugle Em In said:
I guess the best way to describe me is that I'm a camo whore  ;) .

I too like the open / light patterns.  Seeings how I'm not representing anyone's line of clothing / camo, I have a little bit of everyones.  Sitka, Kuiu, ASAT, and Predator, Core 4 Element lines.  I don't think you can go wrong with any of their patterns...it comes down to performance!

I like your self description as a camo whore ::) .  Seems like a similar shoe fits me as well as I have accumulated so many types over the years!

Great info, I have never heard of A-TACS but that looks like it would work really good. I was also just checking out the Core 4 website and that looks like some nice gear for reasonable price. I wouldn't my SITKA but that would require a larger budget for hunting gear then I have.

I have the secret. I hunt in levi 501 jeans and have been very successful. Play the wind right, throw out that challenge bugle, have a good setup. = success.

I hunted western washington last year and have yet to decide if I will get an east or west side tag this year and in future years as such I decided on mountain mimicry. It seems to be versatile.

Any camo pattern for me.  I usually use my Mossy Oak since I hunt tsome timbered thick pines and stuff.

I use a combo of ASAT and Optifade. Had elk stare right through me this year, and we were in an opening in the trees.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back