Camp Whack - AK - Moose 2016 - Story & Pics

Thanks for all of the replies everyone.

Even tho the pics and story show what seems to be a successful hunt, the hunt and time spent in Alaska wasnt a bed of roses.

Without going into details, all I can say is be very careful who you spend a wilderness adventure with.
Life is too short to have someone ruin it for you

that sucks brad. sounds like shoulda been a once in a lifetime adventure missed the best part of hunting, time with friends. hope time can take the edge off sore spots

Let\'s look at the half full part of the glass.... ;) ;)

You can always go to the Northwest Territories on a Yukon Moose hunt... :upthumb: :upthumb: Or Canadian moose most anywhere in Canada... :D :D

That way you and a buddy or buddies can enjoy it together... :D :D

The moose hunt story isnt quite finished.

I called the expediter that I transport the antlers back home.
My rack is on the first shipment to the Lower 48 and should arrive in Montana this weekend.
Once there, it will be transferred to another smaller Drop-Off shipper and hopefully arrive home in 2-3 weeks!

In the meantime, here is a pic of me and a distant relative I met up with in Glennallen AK.
He lives up there and I hadnt seen him since 1985.
He was happy to see me harvest a dandy AK bull

Did you have to split the skull or remove one side of the antler to ship it or where you able to ship it intact???

Its all intact.
I will just have to have Matt whiten the skull when it gets here

I have no idea where I will be hanging it yet.
Prob have to move some other antlers around and see how it looks

Problems, problems... Always some sort of problem. :D :D

I\'d have to build a new house or add a room to what we\'ve already got.. :haha: :haha:

that\'s just crazy! to think of all of the guys with forklifts loading and unloading that box, without knowing the story behind it and its specialness....

It\'s nice to have the rack at home finally.
I think I have a place to hang it but need to arrange some other elk racks first.

I took the rack into my work using my old Chevy truck since my truck has a topper and the antlers won\'t fit in it.

Here is a pic of the rack in the back of the truck

To The Top - [for some winter time reading enjoyment]

You can see the entire video of my hunt here

https://youtu.be/J0fK8XUyKcc

Here is  pic of my Alaska moose below my Colorado moose

ByahNXU.jpg

Hard to believe Wack a Moose 1 was in 2009 and Wack a Moose 2 was just last year, Brad.... Both seem like they just happed... :-D :-D

You forgot to mention InReach on your Wack a Moose Alaska... It was just like I was therewith ya'll... :upthumb: :upthumb: :upthumb:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back