cnelk's archery elk hunt - 2019

I came back the next day and kept calling for my buddy.

One evening we set up on some elk that were coming thru the timber and a cow and bull came down a trail right to us.

My buddy hit a limb... then hit a tree

Attachments

• 18.JPG
    18.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 18
Each day we were into elk. It was a blast. Finally on Friday, Sept 13th. my buddy decied it was going to be his last morning hunt.

So we went and hiked up to 11,000' again and I called in another bull.

Those pesky limbs got him again!

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    884.6 KB · Views: 17
While I was looking for his arrow [that I found the small tree] I happened to look down to my left and low and behold, there was a nice deadhead from the year before!

It made the trip home with me :)

Attachments

• 20.JPG
    20.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 17
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 19
We hiked down the mountain and broke camp. No regrets, nuthin but good memories.

Looking forward to 2020

Thanks for tagging along

Congrats on a great hunt and great bull Brad! Tell Deertick hello, haven?t seen him around in a long time.

Congrats Brad. Thanks for sharing. Those pesky limbs have saved many bulls. I know of a bull in Wyoming a 330 6x6 that was saved by one Grrrrrrrrr.

Congrats on the hunt, Brad and great bull!!!!
That's awesome you got to share another fun adventure with John too.

Well done!

great hunt and story.  glad you were successful. 

I admire your ability to find and kill elk in flat-looking country. I remember you saying many times ELF- elk like flat!  :)

the pictures dont pop up automatically for me and when I try to open them it gives me a download error.  any idea what I'm doing wrong?

shane

Congrats on a great bull. Good write up too. Makes me want to take more photos while hunting.

Great story and even better hunt. You did a great job of capturing the story. If you don't mind disclosing how many years and how many pts did it take to draw that unit?

Thanks for the replies.

I think if you let each page load for a bit the photos will show up.

I used 6 PPs for this area. I?m
Not sure if 5-6 is worth it for some people but it was for me.

cnelk said:
Thanks for the replies.

I think if you let each page load for a bit the photos will show up.

I used 6 PPs for this area. I?m
Not sure if 5-6 is worth it for some people but it was for me.

Awesome story Brad and great animal!

Congrats Brad, good to see some things never change. It's amazing what a deadhead or a shed can do to spirits on a day when the hunting isn't that good or that things don't go right!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back