Covering your face

MT_mulies

Dec 28, 2012
I was wondering how many people hunt with face masks, paint or nothing on their faces. I have  mask and have used it but I'm not sure how truly effective it is since I have called in bills and had them within range when I'm not wearing the mask. What do you guys do?

Paint, masks annoy me but I have gone without anything I do the paint of more having fun an goofing around,

If you get meat from the store then dont criticize me for having the courage to go out and kill my own meat

Paint or more than likely nothing. After 2 days in the field, I have enough hair on my face to stop the shine. A whitetail will pick you off even 30' up a tree, but a bull won't unless you move. JMO

I use paint, masks tend to rub on my face and make me itch so i just paint the hell out of my face.

I used to wear a mask, have transitioned to face paint...but might just scrap it all together lol I think facial hair gets the shine off enough and wearing a hat blocks the sun pretty good too.

I grow my beard and add a little paint to the checks and my bow draw hand , i can't stand a mask

Sometimes use face paint but most of the time to lazy to put it on. I just try to make sure to never make eye contact.

A 2 day beard does it for me, but haven't had any issues with clean shaving either , its the movement that gets you, just stay still they will step on your toes if you can  play the game that long.

Killed bulls with and without it. Wear it more now that we use atv. Help with windchill! Wear it 90% of the time now that i have one.

up until about 3 years ago I always painted my face. I stopped and it doesn't seem to matter. I just don't shave in Sept and it seems to do the job.

I just picked up this from Promont:
http://promontoutdoors.com/product/bedded-bull-camo-facemask/

I have heard guys call them Shmaugs, Buffs, Neck Tubes, whatever. I really like it so far, it's lightweight, easy to breathe through. And it protects my neck from getting fried in this August sun.

I had a hard time feeling my anchor points when I had a mask on.  I hate messing with paint so I just have the beard.

Haven't used a mask in years, and have never painted my face. Haven't seen a decline one bit in success rate. 

Funny, I remember always putting camo on my face when bowhunting...when wearing blue jeans and a red/black flannel shirt.  Now that I wear camo clothes...I don't use facepaint.  I think all of it is in your head...I have yet to see a really good picture of someone in camo at a fairly close distance that can't be seen.  Pretty good gimmick they have...catering to the consumers camo needs, not what works.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Back